China Educators participants China Educators participants

Experience China through an Au Pair Program

Don't worry

You will be confronted by some things, but don't worry, because the other aupairs will become your best friends and will help you through anything. Remember to stand up for yourself and what is right. Coming here will change your life forever, you've made the right choice.

They helped me a lot

It was a slow start, but I got along with the child very well. Everyone was really helpful especially Fanny, I could text her anytime and she would always help me.
I don’t have any problems at present, but my biggest problem during my stay was not knowing exactly what I am supposed to do and when the schedule was a problem at times, but it got better the longer I stayed, I think because I get more used to Chinese culture.

My biggest reward was seeing Teddy remember the English I taught him and him wanting to learn more,Seeing his English developed, learning to know the family and it was great when Teddy told me something or share me a new toy, not because he had to ,but because he wanted to. I felt like they wanted to have me around ,which was nice.Learning enough Chinese to get by and understand some things.

Sometimes I had communication problems, because we didn’t have a common language. So It was a bit difficult to explain more complicated things to the parents.Teddy was helpful and he translated daily stuff.Bigger things I sent to Fanny and she translated them to the family.

Some kind of schedule is really good to have. It makes things a lot more simple. If you have any troubles or difficulties with the host family. Talk about it as soon as possible.it's probably not as big of a deal as you think it is odds are. It's a misunderstanding of some sort. it took me about a month to at least get a little used to Chinese culture.give it time. if you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask Fanny or someone else from the agency. They helped me a lot during my stay in Beijing.

Great hospitality and kindness

I have enjoyed Chinese homemade dishes everyday, leanrt how to play Chinese chess and explore many parts of this huge city,Great hospitality and kindness. No serious problems, always been helped by China Educators.

Just be who you are and be open minded

Just be who you are and be open minded. I had no problems but China Educators listened my worries. I got along very well with the children. My main responsibility was Teach English to 10 years old boy. I had some communication difficulties because only the hostson speaks English. But luckily translator app helps.

I didn’t have any big problems

I didn’t have any big problems. Everybody were really easy to talk to. My biggest reward was getting along so well with the children, we are very close.

It was interesting

I would advise every new au pair to talk about responsibilities and wishes in the host family before they come to China. I did not really know what my tasks would be before I came to China.but luckily everything worked out fine and I had a great family.

In the beginning, it was difficult talk to the host father because he can't speak english ,but I mostly talked to the host mom and the child and I never had problems with communication.

It was rather easy for me to accustom to Chinese life and my host family also helped me .but it was difficult for me to get used to the busy daily routine Chinese have.

It was interesting to experience the chinese lifestyle and it was a good choice to come here with China Educators, because they always did everything so I could enjoy my stay.

This will not be my last trip to Beijing!

Before arriving to China, I had many assumptions of what I thought it would be like.However, after being here a while I realized that almost all my predispositions were false.Beijing is a great city that is very similar to big cities in my country,such as New York City. I have made so many friends with China Educators and even outside of the program.I was given so many opportunities to attend events hosted by universities and companies.These experiences gave me insight on so many possible jobs and programs.I can do after I graduate college.This trip has given me a huge advantage for planning my future.I have learned so much about people and cultures outside of the United States that I never knew.This will not be my last trip to Beijing!

Thanks!

My family were extremely good.Very westernised,so I had a lot of freedom like back home. Although there was much westernisation among my family and household,they still were rich in culture to share with me.I spent a totalling 6 months with my host family and I was completely satisfied.My family took me on holiday for new year's to Yunnan,in the south of China and it was the best weekend of my life.I tasted luxury for my duration there and it was bliss. They took me horse riding as they knew I was a competitive rider and my host brother loved horse riding also.They bought me a gym membership,just so I could go to the dance studio,as I love to dance. They really made an effort to make it feel like home with them.There were at times,communication difficulties due to the language barrier but the staff at China Educators were always happy to help in terms of translation.Finally,my chinese classes. Jerry is one of the most upbeat,caring and motivating teachers I've never met.Learning Chinese with was made easy with her positive and bubbly energy.I've never had so many laughs whilst learning a language,and I've learnt a few.I'll forever be a grateful for my placement and Mandarin learning experience. Thanks!