Child Family Health International Header Image Child Family Health International Header Image

Exploring HIV & Maternal/Child Health in Kabale, Uganda

Life changing Experience!

I am forever changed by my Ugandan experience. Thank you CFHI for this amazing opportunity, and thank you KIHEFO for accepting me like family. This was truly a once in a lifetime adventure. CFHI provided me with an opportunity to be immersed in Ugandan culture. This is the way to experience global health! I was forced to put my own assumptions aside and learn to think about health from a different perspective. I left Uganda with a new sense of purpose and a renewed passion for global healthcare.

Uganda is a great country with even greater people. I will never forget the special people that I met. The KIHEFO staff was incredible and truly did everything possible to ensure that I enjoyed my stay. I am forever grateful for there amazing hospitality. This entire experience has changed my outlook on not only health but also on life.

KIHEFO CLINIC

I am a medical student who was looking for clinical experience in an East African setting. I found that staff at KIHEFO were incredibly warm and welcoming. They worked very hard to adjust the experience to my educational and clinical level. There was also community work involved through their outreach programs which involve providing healthcare in the villages for those unable to come to clinic.

There was a cultural component as well. The people were eager to teach and share their traditions and history. Time is sectioned off to tour the western region of Uganda, attend sight seeing trips, safari and animal tracking like gorillas. Many students found this experience to be worthwhile and a safe bet especially for those who have not traveled to Africa in the past.