CET Academic Programshttp://cetacademicprograms.com/programs/ch...
1920 N Street, NW Suite 200 Washington, DC 20036 United States
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
Fall- Late August to Mid December, Spring- Late February to Mid June, Summer- Mid June to Mid August
A program for high intermediate and advanced level language students, CET's Chinese language program in Harbin was founded in 1988 at the Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT). With few English speaking foreigners, Harbin's environment is ideally suited for immersion. All students live with Chinese roommates and abide by a Chinese-only language pledge. That, combined with 20 hours per week of classroom instruction, including one-on-one and one-on-two drills and an average class size of six, helps serious students achieve a heightened level of fluency.
Students who have completed at least four years of college-level Chinese or the equivalent may elect Harbin's "research track." Designed for advanced learners of Chinese, particularly those who are enrolled or are planning to enroll in a graduate program, the research track allows students to conduct guided thesis research under the direction of a Chinese faculty member. CET's on-site Resident Director arranges exciting extra-curricular activities and excursions for students.
* Immerse yourself in a unique region of China, with little distraction from Chinese language acquisition
* Take trips and excursions to off-the-beaten track locations
* Live with Chinese Roommates
* Benefit from Chinese-Only language pledge, small class sizes, and customized one-on-one tutorials
* Advanced level students may elect to enroll in "research track"
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Spring or Fall 2011: USD 11,450, Summer 2011: USD 6,390 (please see CET's website for current pricing)
* Tuition & transcript
* Online pre-departure information
* Pre-departure advising & orientation webinar
* Arrival day meet & greet
* On-site orientation
* Full-time resident staff
* Housing with Chinese roommate in double occupancy dormitory room
* Traveling seminars & excursions
* CET immersion activities
* Overseas university services
* Comprehensive medical insurance
* Visa information packet & fees
American and Canadian Participants.
Independently or in Groups
* CET Asia Programs Scholarship * Outstanding Scholar Award * Marie H. Karger Memorial Scholarship for Women * Lu Tao Memorial Scholarship * Helen T. Lin Scholarship
CET Academic Programs mission is to... * To create intensive study abroad programs for students who choose to be challenged, both academically and experientially. * To immerse students in our programs' off-the-beaten-path locations and unique subject matter. * To equip students with new skills, broader perspectives and an appreciation of cultural differences. * To create study abroad innovations for the field, and to serve as a resource to faculty and educational institutions in the development of programs abroad.