CES Maastricht Header Image CES Maastricht Header Image

Maastricht University: Business & Economics in Europe

Maastricht is a MUST!

Although nervous at first to move to a relatively unknown study abroad location, I cannot imagine my life without Maastricht and the positive experiences I have had. My classes, program leaders and overall experience can hardly be put into words, but my general thoughts are condensed below :)

In my classes through Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics, learning is emphasized through small, fifteen student seminars with a rigorous schedule of case studies and interactive sessions in order to simulate real-life applications of business. This is incredibly beneficial due to its ability to teach valuable skills such as collaborating within a diverse group setting, and also provide an environment where you learn from your peers.

The CES staff is truly there to make you feel comfortable, happy, and enjoy your time in the Netherlands; without them I would feel lost! They incorporate a variety of events and opportunities to get to know your peers, and they are always available if you have a question, concern, or simply want to chat!

My experience abroad has taught me an incredible amount about myself and the world I live in. It has shaped my positive view on a multitude of cultures and has helped me discover unique friendships with students of varying nationalities– friendships I cannot image my life without.

Maastricht: home sweet home away from home

Choosing to study abroad in Maastricht was a fantastic decision! I had never been to Europe before, but craving a small European town with travel opportunities has been amazing. The town itself offers so much from markets, to social events, to theater performances, and even the surrounding areas allow for endless exploration.
The CES staff has been phenomenal; I couldn't ask for anything better! Everyone is super friendly, approachable, and wanting to help you have the best experience possible. They organize group trips and events gathering the group together every so often while also being in the office to help with academics, travel, or general life help. The CES staff has generating a family environment that has made studying abroad a seamless transition.
School at Maastricht is a lot different with the PBL style courses. It was an adjustment at first, but as long as you put the time and effort in before hand then it is reasonable to adjust. The classmates are are very nice and the collaborative setting is something unique compared to my home university.
Maastricht now holds a special place in my heart thanks to the CES program and staff making abroad and traveling Europe unforgettable!

Would recommend

My courses in the School of Business and Economics at Maastricht have challenged me academically and intellectually and have allowed for incredible growth in both areas. They've provided me with a different perspective and amazing opportunities that I wouldn't have from any other university. The CES staff is one of the best aspects of the program! They work so hard to make sure students feel comfortable and happy both in the classroom and beyond it. I've learned more about the world and its people than I ever could have in the US. Part of this learning I attribute to Maastricht University and the other part I attribute to exploring and getting to know Europe.