Fall, Spring, Summer
Each semester lasts 15 weeks. The first week begins with an orientation test to determine students level, and continues with guided tours of the university campus and the town, as well as excursions, conferences and cultural activities.
Classes are held over 13 weeks. The final week is set aside for examinations.
* Organization of teaching
Levels: Beginners to Advanced. The courses follow the levels defined by the Council of Europe:
A: Basic User
B: Independent User
C: Proficient User
Number of hours: between 15 and 20 each week (depending on the level and the options followed)
Language classes and workshops (compulsory at all levels)
Lectures on subjects of general cultural interest (compulsory for diploma courses)
* Optional courses
- University courses in different Faculties of the University of Burgundy (during the fall and spring semesters).
- The language classes and workshops use up-to-date language-learning methods and original documentary material.
- Students are provided with full details of the lectures and optional courses at the beginning of each semester. Subjects include:
History, Literature, Philosophy, Economics, Politics, Art ...
* Workshops and cultural activities
A program of social and cultural activities is organized providing a complement to classroom learning :
- French songs
- University clubs
* Assessment Certificates - Diplomas
At each level, continuous assessment is organized, based on assignments, tests and examinations. For some diploma courses, a certain number of options will be required. Students who obtain advanced level diplomas may apply for admission to the second year in the university French department.
* Fall (October to January)
* Spring (February to May)
* Summer (June to September)
These courses are designed for beginners as well as for all those wishing to extend and improve their knowledge of French.
1,860 USD for one semester
Language classes and workshops, lecturers on subjects of general cultural interest and a variety of optional courses.
Independently or in Groups
in Groups of 15