Merida Studies in Global Health
- Biomedical Sciences
- Human Resource Management
- Latin American Studies
- Public Health
- Public Management
- Social Work
Cost in US$:
Please contact CCA for current cost information.
Program Fees Include:
* Tuition for 6 semester hours of credit (3 Spanish language; 3 cross-cultural)
* Accommodation with full board
* On-site orientation and oversight by Merida program director
* Personal Central College Abroad Advisor for pre-departure support
* Optional online pre-departure course
* Cultural activities
* Overnight excursions
* International Student Card
* Welcome and Farewell receptions
- Students enroll in the following courses: Healthcare in Yucatan (taught in English) or Spanish for Health Professionals (minimum of two semesters of college Spanish required).
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 10-15
Scholarships are Available
Central College Abroad provides scholarship opportunities for semester and year program applicants for both Central College and non-Central students.
Scholarship applications are made after acceptance into a Central College Abroad program. Application directions and forms are accessed through an online acceptance account.
Pay attention to scholarship deadlines; some allow you to apply for the scholarship even if you have not officially been accepted to the program yet. Note that scholarship deadlines operate independently of program application deadlines.
Apply, apply, apply! It never hurts to try. Studying abroad is an experience that will enrich your undergraduate experience. Don’t let cost hold you back. Research your options so you can begin this life-changing journey!
Central College Abroad scholarship deadlines:
March 15 — fall and year programs
October 1 — spring programs
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Letters of Reference
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home