Carpe Diem Education Header Image Carpe Diem Education Header Image

South America semester - Ecuador and Peru

Take a gap year with Carpe Diem

If you want to travel, challenge yourself, learn more about yourself, and improve yourself, take a gap year with Carpe Diem. It succeeds where others have failed. Just do it.

I feel so much more confident

I really didn't feel ready to go straight into college. I think many of my friends felt the same but decided to do the normal thing and go for it anyway. The spiritual and emotion growth I have gained from this trip are invaluable and unteachable in a classroom setting. I feel so much more confident about starting college now and I trust myself to make much better life decisions in the process.

Those days changed my life

The itinerary in front of you and the stories you hear draw you in because they sound truly amazing. When you're actually there and the ideas you've formed manifest into realities its almost incomprehensible. only afterwards, looking back, do you realize that that those days changed your life.

The effects of a trip like this are much more than you could ever anticipate

The effects of a trip like this are much more than you could ever anticipate. Everything from the friendships I've made to the things I've learned about the world have had a profound impact. Even the little things that I didn't think would be impactful changed my view.

Experience everything

This is a program that can either mean nothing to you or change your life. It depends on how you approach it and how you deal with things. Look positively at what is in front of you while you are there and don't forget that you have a whole life ahead of you. Experience everything.

Just be open and ready to expand your mind

Just be open and ready to expand your mind more than you know because you may or you life may change for the better and hopefully it is an experience you will remember forever. Some times may get hard or you may have to jump out of your comfort zone a bit, but its all worth it in the end.

Carpe has changed my life

Carpe has changed my life. I couldn't have done something so drastic (traveling without connection to my friends/family for 3 months seemed impossible) without the amazing support of the OEs and Carpe as a whole. I have grown more than I thought possible, and I will never forget what Ive learned on this trip.

Amazing experiences

"The fear of suffering is worse than the fear itself." - Paulo Coelho You may have a lot of fears when thinking about what awaits you on this program, but don't let them get in your way! Recognize your fears, accept that they probably won't be as bad as you think, and then let go. You will then be free to fully embrace all the amazing experiences that you will have on this trip.