CAPA The Global Education Network Header Image CAPA The Global Education Network Header Image

Study and Intern with the CAPA Sydney Program

How to change your life in 3+ months

If you are looking to change your life in the most incredible way, studying abroad with CAPA is your key to achieving such things. I have a new perception of the world that is much more open and involves a new way of thinking unmatched by anything I could have gotten from a textbook in the United States. Going abroad for me helped become the focal bridge in linking what I am passionate about in life to my career aspirations. Studying abroad with CAPA pushed me to face challenges I could never have faced had I not been in a foreign country abroad. The beauty is what comes of challenges abroad that personally allowed me to grow and become a more complete person.
CAPA staff was there to help 100% of the time and helped make my experience as awesome as it was. They had incredible student apartments that we stayed in and set up many cultural activities that immediately helped us assimilate into the Australian culture.

The adventure of a lifetime-incredible and unforgettable!

My study abroad experience was absolutely worthwhile-I would do it again in a heartbeat! I gained professional experience, independence, cultural awareness and much more. I learned about myself and that I can be confident in the face of challenges, and I can achieve anything i set my mind to. I cannot wait for my next Australian adventure and look forward to moving back and working and living there one day.

I loved my CAPA classes and my educational experience while I was abroad. I felt challenged by my courses but not overwhelmed, and I feel like I was able to learn a lot about the Oceania region through my classes. While I did had projects and papers to complete, I did not feel like my workload was too intense and I was confident in my ability to complete my work on time. The resources and support that CAPA offered me were a tremendous help as I learned to navigate the education system abroad. If I needed help with anything, from finding a fax machine or printer to navigating the online submission system, CAPA staff were always willing to help me and ensure that I had all the resources I needed to succeed. I felt like I had a really good balance of class assignments, internship duties and free time. I still had plenty of time to explore Australia and integrate myself into the culture, but my studies came first. I will always remember the help and support that my professors provided me with and the neat experiences I had within the classroom. My overall educational experience far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend CAPA to students who want to have an educational experience that enables them to interact with their host city and country.

I felt like I always had a safe place to go if I had questions or any concerns while in Australia. The CAPA support staff always encouraged students to stop by the office just to chat or try a yummy Australian snack. If I needed help finding a printer or fax machine, I could go there, and if I were to have had any issues, I am confident they would have helped me. It was so lovely to feel so welcome and at ease in a foreign country. The CAPA support staff planned many fun, optional activities for students as well-my favorite was the food crawl through Newtown!

I really liked the Urbanest apartments we were assigned. They were much better than I expected, with many amenities I really appreciated it, including a fitness center, computers and laundry room. The apartments were really nice and very big-especially the kitchen and the living room. I was surprised by how big they were! I always felt very safe in my urbanest and I enjoyed my living experience and getting to know my roommates!

I think about going back and repeating this amazing experience all the time. It was absolutely incredible to go to school, work and live in Australia, and it has completely changed my future. I want to move back one day. Studying abroad in Australia was always a dream of mine, and accomplishing it was absolutely incredible. Going abroad and traveling and experiencing another culture inspired me to always shoot for the stars and achieve my dreams-I want to continue living an extraordinary life and I look forward to the future. CAPA Sydney was the perfect mix of support and independence-I truly felt like I was a professional adult, working in Sydney and taking classes. I felt so independent, with my own apartment, grocery shopping, money management and much more. I feel like, now that I lived across the world successfully and independently, I can do anything! I would love the chance to do it all over again, but I know I will be going back one day because Sydney is now home for me.

CAPA = forever impressed

CAPA, Legitimately the best experience I have ever had. CAPA was so helpful and planned so many AMAZING fun events for us to do ranging from FOOD CRAWLS for FREE (who doesn't love that) to up close and personal in the Opera House, to PRIVATE Screenings of movies, to hiking trips and getting up close and person with a KOALA! :) How many of you can actually say you have done that in your life :) CAPA Staff is absolutely incredible people and will forever stay in your heart for days, months and years to come. CAPA is interested in not only making sure you have the best experience abroad, but also ensuring your safety and security while you are away from home. They are concerned about that lovely stuff. The people you will also meet are incredible. The internship/classes are amazing and awesome of learning aspects and help you open your horizons to how many amazing things are out in this world. The accommodations are like living on a college campus and make you feel so at home seeing so many other college students around! I would recommend everyone to go take a trip with CAPA! If you want to make the best of your trip, the only people who can do that is CAPA International Study Abroad Program! :)

Interning and living in Sydney!

There are not enough great things I can say about this program and CAPA. My internship with Cancer Council NSW was everything I hoped it would be! CAPA is really great at pairing you with an internship site that caters to your needs and desires. During my stay, CAPA was utilizing Urbanest, a student accommodation, the apartments were spacious and there are "sausage sizzles" every Friday! The only downside is that doing one small load of laundry will cost you about 8.00 AUD.

Sydney is an incredible city that has managed to create a perfect balance between a beach bum's paradise and an urban jungle. I would highly recommend this program for anyone that truly want immerse themselves into the city's culture.

A Life Changing Experience

My overall experience in the city of Sydney through the CAPA program was amazing. While abroad I had an internship that CAPA found. This internship was picture perfect for my major. I learned so much and made so many friends that I never thought I would have because of CAPA. The only thing I wish this program did a little better was their touring of the city. While on the trip there were CAPA sponsored trips to the Blue Mountains, a Wildlife park, and even a food crawl around Newtown. Although these were fun, I do wish there were more trips. I found that as the weeks went on I became more and more overwhelmed with what I wanted to do/see. The trip as a whole was incredible and I highly recommend anyone who is looking to study abroad to look at CAPA first.

My Time In Australia

I had the best time of my life in Australia. The moments in which I was able to see national landmarks like the Harbour Bridge, the Sydney Opera House, and the Blue Mountains were beautiful to say the least. I also had the opportunity to try new things while i was there like alligator, emu, and kangaroo as well. However, the greatest experience that I had while I was down in Australia was being able to celebrate my birthday with both supervisors and my friends. I thought it was beyond incredible that people went out of their way to plan a party for a person that they had only met a few prior to that weekend. My 21st birthday weekend and the people I shared it with is something I will honestly never forget!

Interning Abroad

I abosutely loved studying abroad through the CAPA program. I spent 7.5 weeks in Sydney, Australia, and I learned so much. CAPA helped me prepare for the trip, helped me find an amazing internship, and the staff was always there in Sydney if we needed anything. As a group, CAPA took us on a trip to the Blue Mountains and a wildlife park where we got to pet and feed so many kangaroos. Interning abroad really introduced me to the Australian culture. I got to apply the skills I have learned in the classroom to real life situations for a company that was really happy I was there.

The Land of Oz

I absolutely loved the program I went abroad with. My internship was awesome and I learned so much about myself, and what career I wanted to pursue when I graduate in the Spring. If I could do it all again, I would in a heartbeat.

An Amazing Australian Adventure!

I will forever b grateful for the CAPA Study Abroad program for offering such an amazing experience. I recently completed a fall semester study abroad in the beautiful Sydney, Australia.. I was able to hone my time management skills as I juggled coursework, a part-time internship at the drinks Association in Chatswood, and personal travel. After studying in Australia, I feel I have much more valuable information to add to class discussions in my American courses. I created long lasting ties with my co-workers at my internship site and I took part in amazing travel opportunities to the Gold Coast and Cairns. I was busy and found I had to put i more work than originally anticipated, but nothing worthwhile comes easy. I would study abroad again in a heartbeat!

Great program!

I loved my time in Sydney, and CAPA made it all possible. They were available to help us whenever we needed--it was the perfect amount of structure while still letting us be independent and make our own plans. Highly recommended!

Livin' Down Unda'

This was the experience of a lifetime! I would never change it for the world. The housing was great and if there were problems the staff were helpful in mending them. Having the transportation provided was amazing, it would have been so expensive otherwise! It would have been nice to live closer to campus but I loved the neighborhoods around the apartment and the commute to my internship site and classes was not bad at all. I loved the city and the program, can't wait to go back for more!!

The program offered so much!

My most memorable experience was attending Prince William and Kate's welcome reception to Australia, and shaking hands with them. I was nominated by my internship placement, and was chosen out of only a few hundred people. Never would I had imagined shaking hands with Prince William becoming landing in Australia, but like I said, life's better down unda!

I knew I wanted to go to Australia so besides that I was open to anywhere. I figured a central city would be good, in terms of being able to travel so Sydney was high on my list. The attribute that drew me most to CAPA Sydney was the ability to complete an internship.

I lived in the Meriton Apartments, which I usually describe as a long stay hotel. They had two full baths, a kitchen, washer/dryer in each room, a spacious living room and at least one balcony! There were 4 of us from our program in my room, two of us per bedroom. It was very new, and we had access to a gym and pool that was a short walk away. The staff was always very friendly and very trustworthy when cleaning the rooms! Wonderful place to live.

Life's better down unda!

The program offered so much! Living in Sydney, taking a few classes and being able to intern somewhere in the city! The housing was gorgeous and in a great location. You immediately make friends in your program by living with and down the hall from most of them. Being able to intern and get real experience working abroad, along with getting immersed in Australia's culture! This program had the best of both worlds, a great academic and social opportunity!

My Summer in Sydney!

I would highly recommend CAPA programs to any student interested in study abroad because CAPA does an amazing job of servicing students while overseas. They helped me find an internship in Sydney and they helped me feel more comfortable being so far away from home. I can't imagine studying abroad any other way! I also strongly recommend studying abroad in Australia. There is so much to see/do in Sydney and I wouldn't trade my experience abroad for anything.

CAPA Sydney Internship Program

I would recommend CAPA programs to any student interested in study abroad because CAPA does an amazing job of servicing students while overseas. They helped me find an internship in Sydney and they helped me feel more comfortable being so far away from home. I can't imagine studying abroad any other way! I also strongly recommend studying abroad in Australia. There is so much to see/do in Sydney and I wouldn't trade my experience abroad for anything.

We stayed in a very safe area in very clean and nice apartments. I loved it!

I was a part-time intern and a part-time student during my 7 week program in Sydney, Australia. I only wish that I would have gotten the opportunity to take my class with Australians so that I could have met more Australians who were my age.

My Summer in Sydney

Studying abroad was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I learned so much about myself and the Australian culture, my perspectives were broadened, and I made everlasting memories. I have found that my internship experience while abroad has proven to be very useful in interviews and on my resume. I can't thank CAPA enough for providing such an enriching experience!

Aussie experience

Spring break, where I got to travel to South East Asia and my internship. The whole program in general was a memorable experience but those two things stick out to me the most.

I wanted to study abroad in Australia, and when I told this to my abroad advisor she asked if I would be interested in an internship. Of course I said yes, and so she told me about CAPA. The rest is history.

We stayed in a "serviced apartment" which is basically an extended stay hotel, except a very nice one. It was a two bedroom with a laundry room, full kitchen, living room (with cable tv), and a dining room. It was probably the nicest place I've lived in college. They even cleaned our place and changed our bedding and towels once a week, so spoiled! On top of that they provided the laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, TP, etc. so there were zero extra living costs!

The Australian Experience

I spent the Fall of 2013 studying and interning in Sydney, Australia with CAPA. I had an internship with the South Sydney Rabbitohs - A National Rugby League Team. While I was there I took four courses which all counted for upper division business course credit at my home university. I can not say enough good things about the program and the city itself. Studying abroad was by far the best decision I've made in my academic career.

For future Sydney students I would recommend grocery shopping to save money on breakfast and lunches sometimes. Of course eating the local food is a huge part of studying abroad but there are times where saving money can be helpful. Also, do your best to mingle with the locals. I wish I would have been able to meet more Australians. Aside from those two pointers, everything will be easy to figure out. CAPA does a great job of setting you up in an awesome housing situation as well as setting up the classes you pick and an Internship in your desired field.
If you have the chance to do this - what are you waiting for?! Get out there and see the world, you will love it!

Burning desire for International travel

Sydney was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Studying abroad was the greatest choice I could have made. Arriving in Sydney was a new experience that I would soon never forget. The country is a beautiful place highlighted by the coast and Sydney in particular. Getting to all the tourist attractions was a treat and truth be told, seeing the opera house in person takes your breath away. Being in Australia for three months is something I will probably never be able to do again unless I were to live there. Walking around the city was a treat, and being with the Sydneysiders made me feel great and thoroughly welcomed. The night life was great, the weather was excellent, and the experience was unforgettable.

Going Down Under was the BEST decision of my LIFE

Studying in Australia was the best decision of my life. Not only did I get to travel to a new country but I made some of the greatest life long friends. I've been home for a little over five months now and I still think about Sydney every day and how much I miss it and can't wait to get back there!

CAPA did an amazing job with setting up the entire program. We stayed in serviced apartments that had a grocery store, liquor store, and restaurants all within the little apartment complex. Also since we all lived in the apartments together we were able to establish friendships quickly and easily.

Having an internship was the high light of my entire experience. I absolutely loved going to work and it is because the Australian attitude is so laid back, that work was always fun. My co-workers were always laughing, I was never stressed out, and we hung out outside of work. So not only did I make some more life long friends, I also made a ton of connections. When it comes to finding a job not only will it look great that I worked in a foreign country but the fact that they'll be able to write me recommendations and potentially help me get started down there if I were to move there.

Overall my CAPA experience was life changing and I don't regret one thing about it. I would recommend this program to anyone who likes to travel, wants to experience a new country, and enjoys making friends, because after all- the Australians were the nicest people I've ever met.

The greatest 6 weeks of my life

Studying abroad with CAPA was an incredible experience. CAPA arranged living situations, transportation and internship placements, which made the transition abroad much less stressful. They led multiple events to introduce students to Australian culture and staff members were always helpful. If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat!

I had a 6-credit internship, so I did not take any other courses besides the Learning Through Internships supplement class.

We were living in the Meriton Serviced Apartments, which were new, furnished and cleaned weekly. There were 4 students to an apartment, but the rooms were spacious and comfortable

CAPA provided many opportunities to learn about the Australian culture. However, since we were living with a ton of Americans at the Meriton Apartments, I had very minimal interaction with locals. I would imagine that students who chose a home stay would have experienced greater cultural immersion.

A Summer in Sydney

Completing an internship while in Sydney, Australia was probably the best decision I have ever made. The opportunity to learn about the workplace culture of a different country and meet and work with locals was an unforgettable experience. CAPA International Education organized everything I needed to succeed in my internship including finding an internship site, accommodation, and organized a travel agency for weekend getaways to vineyards, surf trips, and the Great Barrier Reef. The program was absolutely incredible and each student was given the freedom to explore the city on their own after the first weekend. The CAPA staff were amazing and always there to help and provide tips to make each student's time abroad amazing.

CAPA Sydney = AWESOME

This experience taught me to get out of my comfort zone and live spontaneously! It was a blast. I became much more sociable after this trip and better at doing things on a whim. DEFINITELY stay with a host family. Mine treated me like family and allowed me to have a great time abroad - plus they made AMAZING food. :)

Such an incredible and life changing semester!!!

Studying abroad in Sydney through CAPA International absolutely changed my life. It opened my eyes to a different culture and further developed me into an independent person. CAPA provides students with so much information regarding the surrounding areas and opportunities to explore as a group. I was able to do everything that I wanted to do during my time abroad. One of my accomplishments during my time in Australia was learning how to navigate their public transportation system, which includes ferries, buses, and trains. By the end of my trip, I could get around the big city of Sydney with no problems. Other than learning how to maneuver the Sydney area, I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to have an internship in a local school for kids with special needs, which correlates with my major. I was able to learn so much and create an international reference that will help in finding a job once I graduate. I miss Australia so much and look forward to traveling back there someday! I definitely recommend studying abroad in Australia through CAPA International!!

You Must Go!

This semester abroad was the best decision that I have ever made. I would encourage everyone to seize this opportunity because it has changed my life and I am positive it would change your life as well. The cultural diversity that I was exposed to and the positive perspective I have left with has been one of the many valued changes I have undergone. I was able to accomplish more than I thought was imaginable. I went skydiving, attending Hillsong Church, climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, and watched a performance in the Opera House. I was able to conquer public transportation and learn about the different lifestyles of the people in Sydney. This has benefitted me in numerous ways and I was able to develop professionally, mentally, and spiritually. Simply, the best three months of my life.