OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study and Intern with the CAPA Sydney Program

Going Down Under was the BEST decision of my LIFE

Studying in Australia was the best decision of my life. Not only did I get to travel to a new country but I made some of the greatest life long friends. I've been home for a little over five months now and I still think about Sydney every day and how much I miss it and can't wait to get back there!

CAPA did an amazing job with setting up the entire program. We stayed in serviced apartments that had a grocery store, liquor store, and restaurants all within the little apartment complex. Also since we all lived in the apartments together we were able to establish friendships quickly and easily.

Having an internship was the high light of my entire experience. I absolutely loved going to work and it is because the Australian attitude is so laid back, that work was always fun. My co-workers were always laughing, I was never stressed out, and we hung out outside of work. So not only did I make some more life long friends, I also made a ton of connections. When it comes to finding a job not only will it look great that I worked in a foreign country but the fact that they'll be able to write me recommendations and potentially help me get started down there if I were to move there.

Overall my CAPA experience was life changing and I don't regret one thing about it. I would recommend this program to anyone who likes to travel, wants to experience a new country, and enjoys making friends, because after all- the Australians were the nicest people I've ever met.

Aussie experience

Spring break, where I got to travel to South East Asia and my internship. The whole program in general was a memorable experience but those two things stick out to me the most.

I wanted to study abroad in Australia, and when I told this to my abroad advisor she asked if I would be interested in an internship. Of course I said yes, and so she told me about CAPA. The rest is history.

We stayed in a "serviced apartment" which is basically an extended stay hotel, except a very nice one. It was a two bedroom with a laundry room, full kitchen, living room (with cable tv), and a dining room. It was probably the nicest place I've lived in college. They even cleaned our place and changed our bedding and towels once a week, so spoiled! On top of that they provided the laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, TP, etc. so there were zero extra living costs!

My Summer in Sydney

Studying abroad was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I learned so much about myself and the Australian culture, my perspectives were broadened, and I made everlasting memories. I have found that my internship experience while abroad has proven to be very useful in interviews and on my resume. I can't thank CAPA enough for providing such an enriching experience!

My Summer in Sydney!

I would highly recommend CAPA programs to any student interested in study abroad because CAPA does an amazing job of servicing students while overseas. They helped me find an internship in Sydney and they helped me feel more comfortable being so far away from home. I can't imagine studying abroad any other way! I also strongly recommend studying abroad in Australia. There is so much to see/do in Sydney and I wouldn't trade my experience abroad for anything.

8 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

A great Sydney Experience!

My most memorable experience in Australia would have to be during my break when I went up north to Cairns, where the Great Barrier Reef is. We went scuba diving and snorkeling there and it is by far the most memorable and meaningful experience of my life.

I knew originally that I wanted to go to Australia, but I chose this program because that CAPA offers an internship along with classes. Being able to intern abroad is very rare, and it was an experience that I really wanted to take part in.

The living accommodations were very nice and much better than my expectations. We stayed at an apartment styled hotel, so I really enjoyed that aspect. It's located right across the street from a nice park. Also, we had membership to the gym nearby and the aquatic center.

8 Overall Rating

A Dream Come True

My memorable experience was snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef and swimming at numerous beaches

I chose the program because of the location, opportunity for an internship.

The housing was amazing. Each apartment had its own balcony, full kitchen with utensils, and also had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for 4 people. We also had full access to a gym, pool and sauna and were a short walk away from 2 supermarkets and restaurants.