Canterbury International TEFL Certificate, Madrid
Spain: MadridLength of Position: school year / summer
A program designed for native English speakers who want an intensive hands-on TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course and certificate to teach ESL. As Canterbury is also a teaching institution with over 100 teachers, all TEFL students are guaranteed a paid job (which starts during the program) teaching English in Madrid to children, adults and companies. The length of the job is from a one month minimum to one year (renewable).
Students studying and teaching at Canterbury in Madrid have the opportunity not only to experience the feeling and atmosphere of living and working abroad, but to be members of the Canterbury Club. At Canterbury we have a family vision of studying, teaching and having fun. The Club is a chance for students, teachers, office staff, friends and family to get together and have a great time. The Club has an active social calendar which includes events such as Pub Nights, Movie Nights, Theater Nights, etc. that are featured in Canterbury's newsletter. Also, the newsletter provides information on the latest cultural opportunities in Madrid, such as Museums, Botanical Gardens, Live Flamenco Shows, Bull Fights, and of course the fabulous and unrivaled nightlife that the city has to offer. In addition, Canterbury sponsors cultural visits to several Spanish cities, and other places of interest, which you can do on the weekends.
What's more, Canterbury offers the chance of taking Spanish courses through our partner, García Lorca Spanish School
- Intensive Hands-On Practical (120 hours) TEFL program
- 40 hours of Theory Class + 20 hours of Young Learners Practice Class +20 hours of Business English Practice Class + 20 hours of Observed Teaching and Practice Teaching + 20 hours of internship
- 10:1 Student/Professor Ratio
- International TEFL Certificate (on completion of the course)
- Social Club and Events
- Guaranteed Teaching Job (on completion of the course)
Recent Canterbury Club Social Events include: Flamenco Night, Lucnh and visit to Segovia. The Grape Havest Festival. The Triskel Irish Pub Night. Picnic and Football in Retiro. Terrza Night. Mountain Swimming Pool Hike. Canterbury GRAN Fiesta: Gypsies and Bullfigthers.
inquire for dates
The only requirement for the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) program and the teaching assignment/job, internship or volunteer position is to be a native English speaker or fluent in English.
- English as a Second Language
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
USD 1,373 Approx.
Program Fees Include:
The certificate program: 995 Euros
Note: Price includes 280 Euros payment for required internship (Course Price 1275 Euros - Internship 280 Euros: Your end cost is only 995 Euros!)
The main features of the course include:
- Internationally recognized diploma & certificate
- Intensive Hands-On Practical course, 120 hours
- Extensive teaching practice with different levels of English language students (20+ hrs. minimum)
- Experienced, professional teachers
- Guaranteed employment
- 10:1 Maximum Student/Professor Ratio
This Program is open to
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 10
Application Process Involves
- Written Application