2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Experience the best that Kenya has to offer. This gap year programme offers a great mix of community and wildlife conservation activities for those volunteers that are keen to take on a challenge and support our ongoing projects. Whether you stay with us for 1, 2 or 3 months, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through sustainable, life-changing project work that will improve the lives of rural communities, protect fragile wildlife habitats and at the same time take on personal challenges as you trek mountains and dive the Indian Ocean with volunteers from all over the world.
* Work on important projects to improve the standard of living for rural Kenyan communities
* Participate in ongoing conservation initiatives to protect wildlife and the environment
* Learn about elephant conservation
* Safari in one of Kenya's premier National Parks
* Marine and primate conservation programme (2 and 3 month itineraries only)
* Indian Ocean beach and Kenya bush location
* Opportunities to scuba dive or mountain trek
Any skills you have will add to the value of your volunteering. What we really need are enthusiastic, energetic like minded people who want to make a sustainable difference to the world around them.
- Meals, drinking water and accommodation
- Airport transfers to/from Mombasa (within set times)
- Orientation of local area
- Basic Swahili lesson
- Snorkelling tour
- Community and wildlife project work
- Big game safari
- Wildlife sanctuary working safari
- Cultural visit
- Regular trips to beach/Diani town
- Wide range of additional optional activities
- Fully staffed camps and local guides
- Scheduled project transfers
- Project costs and coordination
- Emergency management plan and 24-hour emergency support.
- Flights including internal flights
- Some in-country transfers
- Travel insurance
- Arrival and departure fees (if applicable)
- Personal equipment, spending money, tips or gratuities
- Personal laundry
- Extra activities
70 UCAS points for University Applications
A dedicated individual who wishes to make a difference to others and the planet. Typically someone looking to enhance their CV for a university or job application. Willing to try new thing and work together as part of a group on projects that have been ongoing for several years. This is not a quick fix solution.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
in Groups of 1-30