Camp Thailand Header Image Camp Thailand Header Image

Camp Thailand Odyssey Programme

My camp Thailand experience

I was a part of camp Thailand from Aug - Sep 2015 , and I can honestly say taking part in this amazing experience was one of the best things I've ever done. From hands on teaching in schools , hearing the children learn English and grow first hand from your own input is an indescribable experience. We visited schools all around thailand . Some which had very little or no funding for books and supplies , and was able to provide the schools with learning equipment such as reading books , pens pencils and educational games and even playing facilities in their play ground such as climbing frames . Seeing the children's faces light up and even the teachers who were overwhelmed with gratitude was a life changing experience for us all. We also visited local orphanages and spent time with the children teaching them English which was an emotionally touching and humbling experience. There is no other programme offering what Camp Thailand does in Thailand , the life changing work of the team had made a huge difference all over Thailand and also changed my own perspective on life in a positive way. Alongside teaching I was able to travel to Cambodia and sight see several parts of Thailand and other islands , what better opportunity is there to be able to travel , sight see , and make a difference to lives. The camp intake for my month ranged from a variety of people all over the UK and even USA , I've truly met friends for life through camp Thailand , the perfect combination of fun partying , making a difference in the community and being able to travel safely with new friends from the camp , truly was a once in a lifetime experience ! I urge anyone with an interest in Camp Thailand to go for it ! You could make a difference too and have the time of your life !

Best experience!

Camp Thailand is by far the best thing i have done!

In March 2016 i decided to head out to Thailand with Camp Thailand and it was easily the best thing i have experienced, i was extremely nervous going out to a foreign country such as Thailand by myself but the amazing office staff helped me out every step of the way before my trip, i was emailing them all the time with 101 questions about visas, flights, accommodation ect. but they where more then happy to answer and help me out whenever they could!

When i got off the plane in Thailand all my worries went away, as soon as i met my reps and everyone else on the intake i had a feeling that the month was going to be something to remember and that it was!

From touring Bangkok, going to camp and spending the day at the local lake, teaching English to the most well mannered and adorable kids, going to a 3 day water festival called Songkran, spending time with the elephants, going to Cambodia and having some fun nights out! i honestly don't think we could have squeezed any more in the month!

I have met the most amazing friends and i have memories that will now last a lifetime!

Camp Thailand Camp C experience

Camp Thailand to was the best experience of my life!

I took part in Camp Thailand in the summer of 2016 and I went to Camp C in Chiang Mai. Me and a friend went together however, by the end of the first night I was friends with everyone in my group!
We began our journey in Bangkok and we joined the Bangkok tour which was soo much fun! We spent the first night getting to know everyone in the Camp C group at a rooftop bar in Bangkok where there was lots of good food, games, dancing and alcohol. We then spent the first day in Bangkok on the tour, we visited the Bangkok temples (which were beautiful) and then we had the afternoon on a longboat around the Bangkok canals.

From Bangkok we got on a sleeper train to Chiang Mai which was a really cool experience, we set of at 7pm and arrived into Chiang Mai at 7:30 the next morning feeling refreshed after our surprisingly good nights sleep (They make you a bed and give you pillows and blankets). We then spent the rest of our time in Chiang Mai which is such a lovely place. Whilst there we
- Spent 2 nights in an elephant sanctuary
- Taught in a range of schools
- Visited an orphanage
- Spent a lot of time at the amazing night markets
- Bungee Jumping
- Water rafting
- Celebrated birthdays
- Bike tour of Chiang Mai
- Spent two nights in Pai (A really cool traveller town not too far from Chiang Mai)

Overall, Camp Thailand was an amazing opportunity for me, I cared for elephants, taught English to lots of really cool children, had my heart warmed by the amazing children in the orphanage, made some of the best memories and made friends for life! Finally I cant forget to give the reps a massive shout out Noah, Budgie, Chompooh, Tic and Lee, they were supportive, funny and the best reps we could have wished for!!

Exceptional, once in a lifetime experience

I had an amazing time in Thailand as all the reps were very helpful and friendly, as they always went the extra mile to make the experience great. The accommodation was lovely and all the trips I took part in were excellently organised. I would go back in a heart beat.

Eye opener

This trip with camp Thailand really did open my eyes to how other cultures are and how the less fortunate live their daily lives. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an adventure and to meet some amazing people. Teaching the children in the schools is so rewarding and I've never seen children so happy to be taught by new teachers. This made me a much more confident person, Such a great experience.

Great learning experience

Camp Thailand is an excellent way to travel and make new friends along the way. Teaching in the schools is so much fun and you are supported all the way. Materials and lesson ideas are provided and the days are so full of fun that they pass so quickly. You really see how much the children love your visit to their school.
During free time there is so much to do with your new friends and camp staff are always happy to help you arrange anything.
Camp Thailand is a very rewarding and great value way to travel!

Breathtaking!

Worth every single penny! My experience was life changing. I loved every second of it, the people the kids, the reps all of them were amazing! Camp Thailand is an amazing way to travel and experience fantastic activities as every body else is in the same boat as you, traveling for the first time and Camp Thailand provide constant 24/7 support for when ever you need it, and the reps are such a laugh to be around. For myself it was my first time traveling alone and being at camp I made a lot of friends so it made the whole experience feel so much more organized and safer along with a friendly, awesome atmosphere, and the activities were out of this world!!!

A month well spent

It's very easy to say that an experience volunteering abroad has changed you as a person, but I say with great sincerity that this is exactly what Camp Thailand did for me (for the better, of course!).

This was my first ever trip out of the EU on my first ever passport which was less than a year old, scary right?!

This programme is a fantastic step for anyone wanting to experience something different, volunteer, make friends, change lives and just indulge yourself in an entirely new culture.

The staff are absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough to make sure we were settled and happy, accommodation you stay in for the month is modern and clean, the volunteering is fully immersive and eye opening and overall the entire trip is great fun. You'll come home having experienced so many different things, random events, temples, shrines, markets, random adventures, villages and towns, schools and nurseries and met so many new people, all amazing memories you will never forget.

The only recommendations I will ever have for anyone reading this is: relax, have an open mind to everyone and everything and ALWAYS take a backpack rather than a suitcase, a good, strong backpack.

Can't wait to go back!

I had an absolutely amazing time at camp Thailand with the highlight being seeing those kids faces from a simple hello they thought you were amazing and the happiness you brought them from simple teachings and games is an unforgettable memory. The elephant village was also another highlight seeing how the animals were treated and how they were teaching each other to change their ways for the better gave you a complete in site to a different life. The Thai people in general are so friendly and you meet some amazing people and friends for life! I have had the bug to go back the minute I stepped foot on my flight back from Bangkok! Definitely an experience of a lifetime and one I won't forget! :-) #campthailand