- CADIP - Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects
- Restoration and preservation of the Castle of Sant Ferran
Restoration and preservation of the Castle of Sant Ferran
Explore Spain and get to know some local areas, its environment, and their heritage. Volunteers will attend workshops, join cultural visits, and visit tourist destinations in Cap de Creus, Cadaques, and the Dal Museum.
The international volunteer project aims to restore the historic and natural heritage of the St. Ferran Castle and its surroundings, and develop the knowledge and relevance of such heritage. Volunteers' tasks consist in:
- Recovery of the foundations;
- Elimination of the irrigation canals;
- Clearing and cleaning of various moats;
- Repairing the paths surrounding the moats;
- Cleaning and adjusting mine tunnels;
The work will be in the mornings.
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
This Program is open to
Spain: Barcelona Spain: Barcelona Show less
Volunteer at an archaeological dig in the Cave Can Sadurni in the town of Begues in Spain with the Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects. Volunteers
Spain: Lleida Spain: Lleida Show less
Help restore some local heritage sites in Algerri in Catalonia, Spain, and help recover some castles, chapels, parks, and streams in a volunteering project from the Canadian...