BUNAC's Work New Zealand program offers you the opportunity for the trip of a lifetime. Work New Zealand is a program authorized by the New Zealand Government to allow young Americans (aged 18-35) to work in New Zealand for up to twelve months. New Zealand is an exciting work/travel destination combining magnificent and varied natural scenery with a unique and fascinating history and culture.
The Special Category Working Holiday Visa allows you to take incidental employment during your stay in New Zealand. Working is the best and most affordable way to really get to know New Zealand from the inside. There is plenty of short term work available and many employers prefer international workers for such positions. You are responsible for finding your own job/internship but BUNAC and IEP in New Zealand will offer as much help as needed. New Zealand has a thriving tourist industry and there are always employers in offices, hotels, shops and restaurants looking for seasonal help.
The program fee is USD 530, plus mandatory travel insurance. The program fee includes BUNAC submitting your visa application to the New Zealand Embassy. Places on this program are limited so please call us for the latest information.
* Free choice of arrival date to enter New Zealand.
* Pre-departure support from BUNAC including handling all contact with the New Zealand Embassy on your behalf to ensure quick turnaround of your visa.
* Lonely Planet guidebook to New Zealand and BUNAC Work New Zealand Handbook.
* Free bus transfer from Auckland Airport to your 2 nights accommodation, including breakfast.
* IEP Auckland orientation and welcome pack with handbook, maps, discount coupons and magazines.
* Advice and assistance from IEP staff in New Zealand on job and accommodation hunting including assistance obtaining an Inland Revenue (IRD) number.
* 24 hour emergency IEP assistance.
* Phone card with NZD 5 credit.