Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education Header Image Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education Header Image

Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education

BSME spring 2016

This was my favorite semester so far. I've always wanted to study abroad and want to teach math/work in education, so BSME is the perfect combination. The academic side is so interesting because I had never been exposed to Hungarian math education, but it really is something very unique, so cool to learn about, and to actually be able to see it happen. It's even more special because you're not just reading about it or studying it from afar but get to observe classes and hear about it from the students and teachers themselves. The discussion was always great and there were many "aha!" moments in classes when we found solutions or any sort of interesting discovery.

The administration parts on both the Budapest and US sides were great and made everything easy. Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer any questions that I, or my school, had.

Budapest itself is a beautiful city. I fell in love with it on my first day there and did so again and again throughout the semester. The food, the sights, the people, the culture, everything about it was new and wonderful and it was amazing to be able to actually experience an entirely different culture than my own.

I cannot say enough good things about this program, thank you to everyone at BSME for an incredible semester!