Broadreach Header Image Broadreach Header Image

Caribbean Grenadines Advanced Scuba Voyage

Living, Learning, and Loving

I can honestly say that my trip with Broadreach has been one of the best experiences in life! As an only child who lives in New York City, I don't really get challenged that much by my environment. Broadreach forced me out of my comfort zones and made me become a flexible, open-minded person that I am today. With eleven other people on the boat, things can get pretty tough sometimes when people fight or drama happens. On the boat, I was able to learn how to deal with a tension and resolve issues with other people. By living solely on a boat for three weeks, I learned how to adapt to my surroundings and be flexible with what's given to me. Lastly, I got to experience new opinions (some that I disagreed with) which is something that is very rare in New York City. By hearing them, I learned how to be open minded because it made me realize that there was more than just the opinion I had heard from most of the other people I knew. I'm not going to lie, being on the boat was really hard, but I think I'm a better person because of it.
Unfortunately, in the middle of the trip I got an ear infection and had to go to the doctor multiple times and sit out of all of the later dives. Despite the unlucky situation, Broadreach handled everything really well. My mother was well informed with daily updates on what was happening and the doctors on the islands were able to give me ear drops to make the infection go away. The instructors were so helpful and amazing during this experience because even though I was disappointed about missing the dives, they always seemed to cheer me up and find activities for me to do. I was never bored with multiple things to do like wake boarding, making brownies, and learning more about sailing. Even though I did miss a couple days, I can still say that this trip has been truly amazing and that Broadreach turned what could've been a terrible trip into something amazing! Thank you to T, Christina, and Rosie for being amazing instructors! Thank you Broadreach for making my summer so incredible!

A Whole New World

This trip was the most amazing experience of my life. The staff that was on board completely made the adventure and the people soon became my family. The experiences are once in a life time and the diving is phenomenal. Being able to meet people from all over is amazing, and getting to be there family is even better. Learning not only about diving but about sailing was something special. Plus the sense of self you gain is extremely helpful throughout your life. Altogether this program offers so many things and is truly magical.

• The Adventure

Once in a lifetime adventure

I have always wanted to go to the Caribbean, and this was awesome-sauce! Everyone was supportive and nice, plus you actually form close bonds. I know I did when I learned many people had similar taste in music. I also called two my directors senpai, and I will never regret it. My ane, which means big sister is coolio as ever, and my friends all have a special place in my heart. Learning about Caribbean culture was lovely, and learning about Swedish culture as well. Ha, classic jokes were made throughout everything! It would always keep you up at night just thinking about it laughing. I miss you all dearly, and I really hope to see you guys on another trip perhaps. Overall, this trip is my favorite of them all because of what you do and learn, and how you actually try foods that you could never dream of eating. Hehe, and good luck cooking if you go on this trip. It's a lot of fun, but don't worry too much....counselors on deck, reporting for duty!

• The Adventure

One of the best decisions

Participating in the Grenadines Advanced Scuba program with Broadreach was one of the best deicions I've ever made. Not only did I make new friends from all over, grow as a person, experience new places and cultures, but I also gained experience diving and grew as a person. The trip focuses heavily on scuba diving, but we also explored sets of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, hiked to a waterfall, explored the towns, and immersed ourself in the diverse Caribbean culture. I would do this program all over again, and if you are considering it I HIGHLY recommend.

A Summer to Remember

As Jacques Cousteau once said, “the sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” For me, while Broadreach’s message is one and the same, this trip demonstrated so much more. As the Caribbean Grenadines Advanced Scuba Voyage fascinated me with its diving, I couldn’t wait to set sail to the next island on our expedition. Making this remarkable journey with awesome and likeminded new friends made the voyage even more worthwhile. Overall, Broadreach gave me the opportunity to discover more about our marine environment and my abilities as an individual. A combination of truly once-in-a-lifetime natural and personal experiences, the Caribbean Grenadines Advanced Scuba Voyage provided me with exceptional adventures that will forever hold a special place in my memory.