Blue Mountains International Hotel Schoolhttp://www.bluemountains.edu.au
Level 4, 540 George Street Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
January, April, July, September
Over the course of two academic terms (6 months) students have the possibility to study up to 8 subjects.
So depending on what degree specialisation you are currently studying you can choose from:
* 15 business subjects from our International Hotel and Resort Management specialisation, OR
* 14 business subjects from the International Event Management specialisation.
Once your studies have been successfully completed you will gain credit towards your current degree. Please speak with your Study Abroad Manager about which subjects will gain you credit towards the degree program you are currently enrolled in.
Each subject is worth 2 credit points and requires a workload of 12 hours per week which includes lectures, seminars, group work and presentations.
This semester study abroad program is open to any student enrolled at any of Laureate Hospitality Education's Affiliate Universities.
* Blue Mountains is now ranked number 1 in Australasia (TNS Survey 2010).
* Students from over 35 countries
* A leading hospitality business education delivered by highly qualified and experienced faculty.
* Our teaching and learning philosophy, based on the Swiss hospitality education model, has proved essential to the success of our graduates, many of whom go on to become industry leaders around the world.
* The Study Abroad program is designed to give students from overseas institutions a great international experience which encompasses not only academic learning but the ability to meet and work with BMIHMS students, enjoy all that Sydney has to offer and experience the Australian lifestyle.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
12,400 per term
Cost includes tuition only. Students are free to choose up to 4 subjects per term.
Health Insurance (OSHC): Budget approximately AUD400 for a six month stay.
You can choose to stay (subject to availability) with other Blue Mountains students in a shared apartment located only 15 minutes from the Sydney campus for USD 295 per week (room only). The 3 and 4 single bedroom apartments are equipped with crockery and cutlery as well as bed linen, a television, Internet access, kitchenette coin-operated laundry facility. Students can also choose to find, with the help of our Student Coordinator, their own accommodation in or around Sydney with a range of options being available.
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Our schools take pride in delivering the highest quality hospitality business education. Graduates will be the leaders of the industry.