Semester Abroad at Blue Mountains!
Over the course of two academic terms (6 months) students have the possibility to study up to 8 subjects.
So depending on what degree specialisation you are currently studying you can choose from:
* 15 business subjects from our International Hotel and Resort Management specialisation, OR
* 14 business subjects from the International Event Management specialisation.
Once your studies have been successfully completed you will gain credit towards your current degree. Please speak with your Study Abroad Manager about which subjects will gain you credit towards the degree program you are currently enrolled in.
Each subject is worth 2 credit points and requires a workload of 12 hours per week which includes lectures, seminars, group work and presentations.
This semester study abroad program is open to any student enrolled at any of Laureate Hospitality Education's Affiliate Universities.
* Blue Mountains is now ranked number 1 in Australasia (TNS Survey 2010).
* Students from over 35 countries
* A leading hospitality business education delivered by highly qualified and experienced faculty.
* Our teaching and learning philosophy, based on the Swiss hospitality education model, has proved essential to the success of our graduates, many of whom go on to become industry leaders around the world.
* The Study Abroad program is designed to give students from overseas institutions a great international experience which encompasses not only academic learning but the ability to meet and work with BMIHMS students, enjoy all that Sydney has to offer and experience the Australian lifestyle.
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter
January, April, July, September
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- Admin (hospitality, Sports)
- Admin (recreation, Parks)
- Business Admin. & Management
- Business Management
- Food Science And Nutrition
Cost in US$:
12,400 per term
Program Fees Include:
Cost includes tuition only. Students are free to choose up to 4 subjects per term.
Health Insurance (OSHC): Budget approximately AUD400 for a six month stay.
You can choose to stay (subject to availability) with other Blue Mountains students in a shared apartment located only 15 minutes from the Sydney campus for USD 295 per week (room only). The 3 and 4 single bedroom apartments are equipped with crockery and cutlery as well as bed linen, a television, Internet access, kitchenette coin-operated laundry facility. Students can also choose to find, with the help of our Student Coordinator, their own accommodation in or around Sydney with a range of options being available.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Guest House
- Independent living
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview Required
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Job and Internship Network