Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Header Image Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Header Image

Ginsburg-Ingerman Overseas Student Program (OSP)

Amazing journey abroad

This is my first time being aboard from my country. I wish I can learn high-tech knowledge from BGU teachers but i gained much more than that. During weekdays, we gain inspiring and well-prepared courses, covering various domains of cyber security and machine learning. When it came to weekend, we had wonderful trips to Eilat, Dead Sea, we were also invited to bonfire and miraculous kibbutz. People there are so nice and we feel pretty safe during our summer program. I also made some great Indian students friends in the program. Wonderful and unforgettable journey in my life.

My Israeli Experience

My time as a participant of the Ginsburg-Ingerman Overseas Student Program was undoubtably one of the best life experiences ever. The only thing I regret is that I didn't spend a year instead of a semester.
There was extensive exposure to Israeli culture through the various excursions that we went on, the study of the language and through having Israeli flatmates.
The counsellors and other support staff were always available and very helpful.
The courses offered provided a very in-depth look at Israeli society and culture and were academically enriching also. I was also exposed to persons from many different countries and many different walks of life.
I would not hesitate in recommending this program to anyone.

Best Choice I Ever Made

The Overseas Program at Ben Gurion University was the best choice I ever made. I had been to Israel in several different contexts prior to it, mostly religious. This was a totally different experience because I was integrated in university with native Israelis in the dormitories. The OSP program itself was extremely eye-opening, because I had classmates from all over the world, Germany, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, the US, and Canada. Not only did I get the opportunity to integrate with Israelis, but with Europeans for the first time too. The program took us on endless trips all over the country and the staff was always extremely helpful. The classes were eye-opening, and I had the unique experience of taking a masters level course in Sde Boker once a week and working in David Ben Gurion's Archive. To this day, those were the best five months of my life. I'm really glad I chose to do the summer Ulpan as well. We had access to the sports center across from the dorms and went to the pool daily. Be'er Sheva is an extremely therapeutic, student oriented city and the campus is beautiful. There was always something going on for students. I made the friends of a lifetime there. I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Ginsburg and thank him for this amazing opportunity.

I wish I could back and relive every moment

The title of this review speaks for itself... I was in the middle of desert in a city with young adults that loved to socialize, party, and get to know me and my group. Beer Sheva is basically run by young adults and it was a true honor to be apart of such an experience. The fun never stopped and I developed relationships with Israelis that I would not have if I attended another program. This is a program where you are treated like a citizen of Israel. You are no longer a tourist and I absolutely loved that.

Best Time of My Life

Being an OSP Student was the best decision I ever made! Not only are the people amazing, the city, the classes, and the University is the best in the World! All my classes were fun and informative while being appropriate for a study abroad program. We went on trips around the country and we had time for ourselves to travel. If anyone is interested in a study abroad trip, this is the ultimate experience!

Incredible Experience!!

Studying abroad at BGU was an amazing experience! I learned more than I ever could've imagined about more subjects than I would've dreamed of (mostly because I didn't know anything about them when I started the semester). While combining in-the-classroom learning with out-of-the-classroom field experiences, BGU OSP provides students with a real-world view of current issues related to health, immigration, environmentalism, political science, and Israeli culture. Aside from the coursework, the travel opportunities were immense. In my time there, I traveled to Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Cyprus, and Greece, as well as thoroughly traversing all of Israel. The group trips that you can participate in are a great way to get to know the country and see all of the beautiful places you might not find on your own. The professional and student staff who work for this program are so creative and attentive; I really couldn't have asked for anyone better. Most importantly, the nature of this programs draws in a crowd of students who are looking for an adventure. If you're a motivated and curious learner who wants to explore the Middle East and learn Hebrew along the way, I'd highly recommend looking into this program for yourself. You'll never forget the experience!

Amazing Experience

The Overseas Student Program (OSP) of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) was an incredible experience that I will always hold dear. Not only did this program offer a terrific academic experience, but there was an incredible effort from the staff to immerse you into the culture.

Incredible Experience

Absolutely loved my time in Israel. I had never been before, had no knowledge of Hebrew, and I'm not Jewish, so I was exposed to a very new culture and lifestyle. I am happy that I did the Hebrew Ulpan because I was able to better assimilate in the country after learning the basics of the language. Also, I am happy that we were housed with Israeli students, because I learned a lot more about the culture and life in Israel. In general, I grew so much as both a person and a student, and I am itching to go right back to Israel!

Happy to be a part of BGU

Shalom!!! This is the first time I travelled so far away from India and stayed in Israel for around a month.Starting from landing from the flight to Tel Aviv to climbing up the plane, back to India,there was no single moment, that I have not enjoyed.Spending the Shabbat in a Kibbutz is of course a lifetime achievement, not to speak of the practical lessons we learnt in regards to global health, migration problems, working a project with the Bedouins and so on. I enjoyed the weekend trips to Jerusalem and Elat a lot.Floating in the dead sea and snorkelling in the Red Sea are like diverse experiences !!! I am looking forward to join BGU for doing my PHD, if I get a scope..This space is really too small for expressing a review.I loved the work culture, the helping attitude of the Israelis , not to forget the "falafel", which I have started preparing in my daily breakfast in India now, for which I'm greatly appreciated by my Indian friends!!! Toda!!