Hutong School students Hutong School students

Intern in China - Hutong School Internship Program

Amazing experience

I really enjoyed my time with Hutong School. From the start, with my application, they were always very helpful and informative. The internship was also a great learning experience! I really got to see the ins and outs of marketing through my internship with Hutong. At first, I was scared that I would not be able to find an internship because of my lack of previous experience, but Hutong made sure that I found an internship that I was well suited for and enjoyed! I would recommend Hutong for all, as they are very diligent in making sure that you have a great time and experience in China.

3 Month Internship/Language Learning in Shanghai

Hi my name is Malvina, one of the scholarship winners of the Hutong School Internship program.
Hutong School staff guided me throughout the whole process on how to begin this adventure: from getting my visa sorted, to answering all of the questions I had about life in Shanghai, my accommodation and generally any issues/inquiries that I had.
As this was my first trip outside of Europe I really didn't know what to expect but the friendly environment at Hutong school made the transition very easy for me.
Getting to my accommodation was not a hassle at all since airport pick-up is included and I didn't have to worry about getting lost in the trains. When I arrived at my accommodation, I was lucky enough to choose my own bedroom with a double-size bed and my own bathroom. The apartment was very clean and located in the centre and one metro station away from the school-couldn't have asked for more.
I was immediately given a Metro card to use and they helped me get a SIM card, as well as registering at the police (things I would not be able to do without assistance).
On my first day at the school, everyone welcomed me and I was introduced to all the employees. I immediately felt part of the group.
Undoubtedly this is an experience I will never forget. There is so much to gain from this program especially for young professionals beginning their career. Not only it boosts your CV and differentiates you from this competitive world, but you will also make friends from all over the world.
For avid travellers like me, there is so much to see and experience in China.
So I definitely recommend it!

A Leap Of Faith

Hello,

My name is Dorsan Demaeght, I am a 24 year old belgian guy. I have worked in Beijing for several months using Hutong School's 'Internship Program'. I dare say this was the best experience in my life so far.

Not only do you get the taste of life in a country you know very little of, you also get to know a ton of people who are trying to get the most out of their experience. You get to learn a whole bunch of friends from different countries, all having interesting stories as to why they are there and what they are doing. Next to socializing with expads you also get a lot of experiences to get acquainted with a lot of locals, which truly makes your experience worth while.

The organisation was perfect from the start till the end. The day I arrived there was a man waiting for me, and my other flatmates who arrived on the exact same day as me. All together we drove from the airport to our flat, we went to the local police department to register, he (Yin) showed us how to use the subway, where to go for classes, ... We didn't have to worry about a thing, we were showed how to get started and later that day we were free to finally relax a little bit and take a breath. I started working only three days after my arrival and started taking chinese classes the day after that. And it all just worked out, no hassle, no problems, awesome!

Lastly it is important to say that the Hutong School team really put in a lot of effort to help you throughout your program. At any time you can call them if you have any issues or question, ... They also organize a lot of fun activities, monthly welcome drinks, they helped me get in touch with volunteer work, ...

It may seem a bit scary to go to the unknown, or you may wonder why you would do such a thing. My only advice is to just do it. You'll have enough reasons and answers once you arrive!

Long story short (tl;dr) I can only say that this was an amazing experience all together. I opened a lot of doors for me back here in Belgium and I am looking forward to come back one day and relive parts of this experience!

Kind regards and hoping you have the courage to take that leap of faith,
Dorsan Demaeght

Research Intern

My internship placement was very good. I was an intern with Origins Limited Technology for 2 months and my experience at the company was fantastic. The team were very welcoming and my supervisor was committed to supporting me during my entire time there. I definitely recommend joining this team for an internship while in Beijing.