BCA Study Abroad Header Image BCA Study Abroad Header Image

BCA Study Abroad in Valladolid, Spain

BARCA

Academics: Generally spaking, the academic course in Europe / Spain is very intense. It is very different from that of the U.S.A. All courses at University of Barcelona did not have textbook we use. Then, it was very difficult to catch up with the classes. We basically had to listen and write it down. All exam came from what professor said in the class. Each course in Barcelona mainly has only 2 big exams and one big paper while courses in our university have different types of assignments such as small quiz, presentation or so on...
Living Situation: To live with Spanish Host Family is definitely one of the best ways to learn Spanish. I couldn't understand any Spanish at the beginning, but my host family supporte me so warmly to improve my Spanish. We also can get 3 meals everyday so it was very convenient to do anything. I simply study in my room and dinner will be ready in few minutes :)
Cultural Immersion: There are so many museum and historical places in Barcelona and all over the places in Spain / Europe. It was the best experience to explore many different cultures there!!

New friends and culture

I was pleased with how deep I got to be immersed into the Spanish culture. It was nice to be in a city that was smaller and not very touristy to get a real feel for the country and it's culture. My host family was amazing and added to make it an awesome experience.