Italy: Genoa, Milan and 2 other citiesLength of Position: 3-12 months
We are looking for caring au pairs/nannies who love to play and spend time with children, helping them to improve their English and who are curious to know another language and culture.
They will become part of the family. They will have to take care of their room and bathroom and give a hand in everyday duties like a daughter would normally do.
They should know how to cook basic meals for the children, walk them to school, pick them up, take them to friends and help them take care of their rooms and toys (washing and ironing of the children's clothes are sometimes included in the work description).
They will have a part time schedule and will have to babysit for 2-3 evenings per week.
Saturday afternoons and Sundays are free (OR one weekend free alternated with a working one)
When the family specfically requires a mother's help, the au pair will also be asked to do some light housework (washing machine, ironing, hoovering..)
Nannies take care of everything concerning the children; they have more specific functions in the teaching of the language, so they must be be prepared in school with appropriate studies and have more experience in childcaring.
It can be a full time job.
* Au pair: part time position (35-40 hourse per week), playing with the children, chatting with them so they will improve their English, take them to school, sometimes prepare simple meals for them, take care of their rooms and toys, put them in bed..2-3 evenings of babysitting till late.
* Mother's help: like an au pair but with more duties including light housework.
* Nanny: qualified and educated experts in childcaring who, inaddition to the au pair duties, should contribute in the education of the children. Only English mothertongue.
It is not a simple job, it is a life experience: living with a family is a full immersion in the culture of a country, the best way to really improve the knowledge of a foreign language.
- English mother tongue or excellent level
- Love for children
- Balanced and outgoing personality
- Curious towards other languages and cultures
- Au Pair
Au pair: 80-120 euros per week Mother's help: 120-200 euros per week Nanny: from 200 to 350 euros per week
- * A minimum experience in babysitting chldren for a simple au pair.
* A long experience in childcare for the nanny.
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and South African Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is