Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city

Barcelona School for International Studies Summer Program

My experience with Barcelona SAE

MY experience with Barcelona SAE was eye-opening. My class was challenging but my professor was incredibly helpful and made it achievable. I will miss Barcelona and everything that living abroad has taught me.

SAE Review

Being able to have the opportunity to study abroad makes me realize how lucky I truly am. This was hand down the most amazing experience in my life. I made friends that will last me a life time and learned more that I could have ever imagined.

The Best Summer in Barcelona

I had the best study abroad experience through Barcelona SAE! I chose the summer program and spent four weeks taking intensive Spanish classes, improving so much that I changed my Spanish minor to a major when I returned home to CSU. The homestay option was a great choice and the couple I lived with became like a second family to me. I still keep in touch with them today, and plan to visit them when I return to Barcelona.

While in Barcelona we were able to participate in many cultural activities including tours around the city, an excursion to Valencia, and a day trip to a city just outside of Barcelona. My favorite activity was a Spanish cooking class where we cooked and ate all of the food ourselves!

I would recommend this program to any student that is thinking of going abroad. I had the most amazing and fulfilling experience during those four weeks and cannot wait to return back to Barcelona in the future!

Because the classes were so conversation based and small I felt as though I learned more in the four weeks I was taking classes in Barcelona than what I had learned in a classroom at my home university.

Amazing 4 weeks!

My four weeks at Barcelona International College through SAE were amazing. It was like steroids for my Spanish. When I first got to Barcelona, my Spanish was pretty basic, however after SAE's awesome homestay placement and BIC's great academics I was able to jump to 400 level Spanish back at CSU. Also, the excursions to Valencia, and other places around Barcelona were great, well organized, and a lot of fun. I highly recommend this to anyone with any sort of interest in an awesome experience.

The Site Director, Rich Kurtzman, is always around for anything a student might need whether it be a question about a homestay or academics. He also leads a lot of the group excursions and really gives you an insiders perspective on Barcelona.

Great experience

My study abroad experience was very enjoyable and I never once regretted my decision to go to Barcelona when I was there or when I came back to the States.

Fun community

My number one compliment towards this experience was the wonderful community that is associated with it. Between the staff and students, everyone was friendly and are constantly looking to make new friends.