OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Abroad in Sicily, Italy with BABILONIA

View detailed rating

Two-week Teacher Scholarship

I was fortunate enough to receive a scholarship from AATI to attend classes at Babilonia for two weeks. I myself am an Italian instructor in the United States and have a lot of experience in study abroad programs, having attended another program before as a student and having worked for a different program as a teacher. Babilonia is one of the best run programs I have ever encountered. My teachers for both grammar and conversation always remained in the target language, were friendly and helpful. The dedication of everyone at Babilonia to keeping all students speaking in Italian was greatly appreciated and the staff fostered an encouraging environment where all students, even beginners, felt comfortable trying to speak the language. I also thoroughly enjoyed all of the cultural experiences the school offers, and I took full advantage of them. From lectures on Baroque architecture, to cooking lessons, to climbing Mt. Etna, I learned so much inside and outside of the classroom.
I have nothing but positive things to say about Babilonia and hope to come back and attend the school again in the future. I also recommend the school to many students that I work with back in the United States.

View detailed rating

Study Abroad in Taormina

I have studied at Babilonia twice now; my first time in the fall of 2012 for a full semester, and then again the summer of 2014 for a two week program. When I first arrived in Taormina, I knew only "hello" and "thank you" in Italian. Yet, when I left the program, I had a great grasp of the language and was very comfortable speaking, reading, and writing. The teachers are all wonderful and have a very hands on approach to learn, which facilitates a rapid absorption of the language. And what better place to learn Italian than in Taormina. The location is just spectacular and the cultural experience is life changing.