Germany: Bavaria, Berlin, Bonn and 13 other citiesLength of Position: 6-12 months
The AuPairCare Germany Program provides qualified young women and men the unique opportunity to live with a German family while working as an au pair and caring for the family's children.
The program in Germany is run by Ayusa International e.V., a Berlin-based organization with more than 25 years of experience in cultural and educational exchange programs. Ayusa is part of the U.S. umbrella organization Intrax, which has officially operated the AuPairCare USA program since 1989. It has developed to become one of the largest programs in the USA with more than 30,000 successful au pair placements.
Ayusa will match you with a caring host family, help you with your visa application and provide constant support to ensure you have a successful stay in the heart of Europe.
Your Program Benefits:
* Free flights to / from Germany for a 12-month commitment
* Free board and room at your host family’s place
* Monthly stipend of €260 plus an additional € 90 for educational purposes, making it the highest
au pair salary being earned with a German agency
* 2 days of paid vacation per month (which comes up to 4 weeks for a 12-months stay)
* Flexible program lengths: Choose between 6 and 12 months
* Free insurance package (health, accident and third party liability)
* Free local transportation pass
* 24/7 Emergency hotline in case you need support after business hours
* Au pair Handbook and Welcome package with lots of useful information upon arrival
* Organized au pair meetings & support during your stay with your local au pair coordinator
Further benefits are:
* Gain maturity, confidence and international work experience
* Make a real difference in the lives of children
* Make new friendships that will last a lifetime
* Teach Germans about your culture and language while learning about theirs
Your German Host Family
Most host families live in the metropolitan areas of Germany's largest cities. Typically, both parents work and have 1-3 children between the ages of 1-10 years. Our families are open to new ideas, interested in the world and other countries. Many families look forward to having you teach their children your customs and language.
Your Program Preparation & Support
We will provide you with plenty of information and helpful tips to best prepare for a successful stay in Germany. We will make sure that you are best prepared every step of the way to becoming au pair in Germany. Ayusa also supports you with your visa application, travel and insurance arrangements.
Every au pair has a local Ayusa / AuPairCare representative during the entire stay in Germany. The representative will help you to adjust to your new surroundings and assist you if you have any questions or problems. Ayusa will also provide you with a 24-hour number for emergencies.
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Throughout the year
Aside from your enthusiasm for children, you should...
- Be between 18 and 24 years old due to au pair visa requirements (18 - 30 years old if you can come to Germany on the Working Holiday Visa or are a E.U. passport holder)
- Have experience looking after children preferably not related to you, for example through babysitting, internships in pre-schools, kindergartens or in a pediatric center; as a camp counselor from after-school tutoring (minimum of 2 different references)
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Have proof of secondary education
- Be in good health
- Be able to commit to a minimum of six months and a maximum of 12 months
- Be open-minded, flexible and responsible
- German language: basic knowledge is required if you come to Germany on the Au Pair Visa
- Be interested in learning about German culture and language
- Au Pair
Cost in US$:
75.00 Euros non-refundable application fee after placement with family
Program Fees Include:
Due to the fact that German host families are interested in native English speakers, we are able to offer the program almost for free to au pairs. We only charge a non-refundable application fee of 75 Euros when you submit your application. In exchange for taking care of the children in your host family for a maximum of 30 hours, au pairs receive:
- Monthly stipend of 350 Euros
- Free flights to / from Germany for a 12 months commitment
- Free comprehensive insurance package for the entire length of the program
- Private bedroom and full board
- 2 days paid vacation per month (total of 4 weeks for a 12-month stay)
- Minimum of 1,5 free days per week
- Established working hours: maximum of 6 hours per day and 30 hours per week
- Free access to transportation (either pass for local public transportation or a car)
350 Euros per month
- childcare experiences (babysitting, youth camp counselor, daycare, tutoring, etc.).
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African and Kiwi Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Online Application
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
Typically The Application Process Time is