Urbanización Santa Ursula Cahuide B-2 Wanchaq Cusco, Peru
Peru: Arequipa, Cajamarca, Chiclayo and 4 other cities
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
This is a good option for volunteers who like children and young people! Volunteers will work with babies, older children or with teenagers. Work includes taking care of the children, helping them with homework, food, organizing sports and play. We offer volunteers a unique blend of work, cultural immersion, and fun. All ages and skill levels are invited to apply. Everyone has something to offer! Depending on their skills and interests, volunteers at the orphanages can teach English, lead the children in songs, music, dance, or other activities, teach cooking or handicrafts, act as a mentor, and generally just spend quality time with the children.
Your help for these children gives them an opportunity for a better life in the future.
1. Affordable Program Fees
2. High Quality program
3. Wide variety of programmes and experiences.
4. Quick, accurate and efficient response time to e-mails and others
5. Spanish speaking Host-family
6. Permanent coordinators (24/7)
7. Flexibility on starting terms
8. Cultural immersion
Responsible, independent, mature, open minded and has a big heart. Volunteers must be 17+ years old and submit a letter of recommendation.
Program Fees from USD 300 (1 week)
What's included in the program fee?
* Three meals a day: The program fee covers three daily local meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner from Monday to Saturday.
* Home-stay accommodation: Volunteers will stay with a host family in a single or shared room (depending on availability).
* Pick up: With Lima city exception pick up from the bus terminal or the airport is included in all other locations.
We have a very affordable Lima pick up packet, please read below.
* Support of local coordinator: From the very beginning to the end of the project, Awaiting Angels coordinator will help volunteers by supporting them and regularly visiting them.
* Information Packet: Awaiting Angels offers detailed information on issues that will concern volunteers, such as health, safety, and cultural shock.
* Orientation: Upon arrival in your location, participants are met at the airport or bus station and taken to the home of their host family. There you will receive an orientation that will familiarize you with the local area, the Peruvian culture, and your program.
* Recommendation letter
17 and up
American, Australian, Canadian and European Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups
With our volunteer programs we aim to give love, care and education to Peruvian children as well as help them to improve their quality of life and to serve as agents of change in our society; To provide short term volunteer opportunities on a low cost to international people through a fast and easy application process; To provide the volunteers with the opportunity to serve close to our communities in a developing country while improving their Spanish language ability; To implement the international rights related to child development; To improve the quality of education in deprived areas of Peru; To explore the use of information and communication technologies for social development; To provide volunteers the opportunity to learn our culture through cultural exchange; and Work side-by-side with local people, connect with others from around the world and have time for personal adventures.
My experiences in Peru by Nancy Cushing Sparacio. I wanted to go to Peru. But, I didn't just want to go to a language school or merely travel as a tourist, I wanted to take my ability to communic...More
I had an amazing trip in Peru. I started in Trujillo, the third largest city in Peru, which is in the north and stayed with a Peruvian family. In the mornings I worked in a daycare center with kids...More
I would like to share with you my experience in with Awaiting Angel. I spent 3 amazing weeks working as a teaching assistant in a primary School in Cusco. The people from the association (Marta) we...More
Did you participate on a program with Awaiting Angels?
Share your thoughts!