Awaiting Angels Header Image Awaiting Angels Header Image

Health Sciences Internship in Peru

Amazing clinical experience!!!

I had a lot of fun doing an internship with awaiting angel.
Everything was very well organized and people were very kind and welcoming to us!
I would recommend having a good level of spanish in order to really appreciate the experience, but if you do, it will be a wonderful time and great exposure to a different culture.

Working in an orphanage in Cusco!

Awaiting Angels offer many wonderful and life changing opportunities to students like myself. I had the pleasure of working in an orphanage in Cusco and it completely changed the way I viewed the world. This kind of volunteering experience is one that everyone should have at least once in their lives, and I am truly thankful to Awaiting Angels for giving it to me. Our work consisted of doing some manual labor as well as taking care and playing with the orphans, but we also had the opportunity to do some tourism, which was also extraordinary. Our host family was so warm, welcoming and kind; they practically adopted us and I consider them as my Peruvian family. With their help, we learned a lot about Peruvian culture and their way of living.
Sometimes it can be hard to see some people that lived through very difficult times in their lives, such as the peruvian orphans, but I think it is also necessary. It changes your perspective on the world and it is why I invite everyone to take the opportunity of doing a humanitarian trip. You won't regret it!!
Once again, thank you Awaiting Angels for a heart warming experience.

My experience in Peru!

Volunteering at San Sebastian Medical Center has been a life changing experience for me. I've learned a lot over the past eight weeks but the most essential part of my experience has been to appreciate and practice how to conduct myself in a medical setting with patients, doctors, etc. I am truly thankful to Awaiting Angels for this type of experiences offered to pre-Med students.