Urbanización Santa Ursula Cahuide B-2 Wanchaq Cusco, Peru
Peru: Cusco, Pisco
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year, May Term
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Flexible starting dates for groups
* Building, painting and Renovation (Cusco)
Awaiting Angels focuses on painting, decorating, repairing, and renovating infrastructures in the field. Groups of Volunteers will be improving the infrastructure of public schools, local health clinic, orphanages, child care centers, poor kindergartens, sports field, arts centre or community centers. The project also offers volunteers the opportunity to explore the local area and visit the famous citadel of Macchu Picchu.
* Construction and Renovation in shantytowns (Pisco)
Construction and renovation in shantytowns in Pisco after the earthquake offers a unique opportunity to discover real people, real culture and an incredible first hand real life experience; helping the poor in constructing their houses made of straw, cleaning the shantytown area, planting some trees, developing garbage facilities, organizing English lessons for teens, organizing workshops for kids between 3 and 15 years old, etc. Volunteers will have the opportunity to visit vineyards, oasis, biggest desert of Peru.
* First hand contact with real people
* Very affordable program fees for groups
* Very affordable tours for groups
* Short term - unforgettable experience
1. Volunteers must be over 18 years of age when start the program.
2. Spanish language is not required to join this program.
Awaiting Angels Invites you to contact us for more details on this program.
Program fees range from USD 300 for a 1 Week
What's included in the program fee?
- Registration fee: 100 USD
- Volunteering Program: High quality volunteer program in a local grassroots organization.
- Volunteer residence accommodation: Volunteers will stay with a host family in a single or shared room (depending on availability).
- Three meals a day: The host family provides three daily local meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner from Monday to Saturday.
- Pick up: With Lima city exception pick up from the bus terminal or the airport is included in all other locations.
*We have a very affordable Lima pick up packet, please contact us.
- Support of local coordinator: From the very beginning to the end of the project, Awaiting Angels coordinator will help volunteers by supporting them and regularly visiting them.
- Information Packet: Awaiting Angels offers detailed information on issues that will concern volunteers, such as health, safety, and cultural shock.
- Orientation: Upon arrival in your location, participants are met at the airport or bus station and taken to the home of their host family. There you will receive an orientation that will familiarize you with the local area, the Peruvian culture, and your program.
- Entering phone calls
Volunteer Residence Facilities in Cusco:
- Wifi Internet Connection
- Free Computers available
- Free Movie nights
- Hot showers
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
With our volunteer programs we aim to give love, care and education to Peruvian children as well as help them to improve their quality of life and to serve as agents of change in our society; To provide short term volunteer opportunities on a low cost to international people through a fast and easy application process; To provide the volunteers with the opportunity to serve close to our communities in a developing country while improving their Spanish language ability; To implement the international rights related to child development; To improve the quality of education in deprived areas of Peru; To explore the use of information and communication technologies for social development; To provide volunteers the opportunity to learn our culture through cultural exchange; and Work side-by-side with local people, connect with others from around the world and have time for personal adventures.
Peru is a mysterious country to me since I am from Taiwan, Asia. Through my two-year study at USC, I am so lucky to participate programs with USC Volunteer Center. As a group, we were lucky to work...More
Did you participate on a program with Awaiting Angels?
Share your thoughts!