Rehabilitate African Penguins & Seabirds in Cape Town
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Available throughout the year
You will not need any qualifications or prior experience as we will teach you everything you need to know, just come with enthusiasm and a loving heart! If you have any specific skills or interest we are happy to try and utilize them during your stay.
Cost in US$:
USD 905 for your first 6 weeks - extra weeks are discounted
Program Fees Include:
* MyTrip - We will provide you with login details for your personal online trip planner.
* Fundraising help - Order your free AVIVA Fundraising Pack.
* Airport transfers - Between Cape Town Airport and AVIVA Volunteer House.
* Welcome brief - A warm welcome and full brief from one of our team.
* Accommodation - AVIVA Volunteer House - our dedicated volunteer lodge near Cape Town.
* Orientation - Full brief on first day at SANCCOB with ongoing supervision & training.
* Support - Full in-country support from the experienced AVIVA team.
* Certificate - You will receive a Certificate of Appreciation on completion of your placement.
If required, extra nights can be added to your stay to meet your flight dates for only R150 per night. This may help you to take advantage of any cheaper flights that arrive in Cape Town before your planned arrival date.
The AVIVA Price Promise: If you can find a similar experience for less with the same level of service & support - we will match it.
- Animal Welfare
- Marine Conservation
- Veterinary Science
This project is especially suited to volunteers aged 18 years or older. You will be tired at the end of a day’s work, so you will need to be in good physical condition too. To ensure effective communication between all team members, a good understanding of the English language is also required. Personal characteristics such as flexibility, being able to use your initiative, and having a passion for Penguins and other seabirds will be more than useful during your stay.
This Program is open to
Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi, South African, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 4-8
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
1 working day