Monitor African Wildlife in the Greater Kruger Park
5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 1-2 Weeks
Available throughout the year
- No previous experience is required.
- This project is open to all international volunteers aged 12 years or older on arrival.
- Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult guardian, which makes this an ideal project for families looking to introduce their children to African wildlife (at a fraction of the cost of staying at a commercial game lodge!)
Cost in US$:
USD 1550 for your first 3 weeks - extra weeks are discounted
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
Program Fees Include:
* MyTrip - We will provide you with login details for your personal online trip planner.
* Fundraising help - Order your free AVIVA Fundraising Pack.
* Airport transfers - Between Hoedspruit Airport and Balule.
* Accommodation - Wooden chalet on open bush camp. Basic ablutions with cold running water.
* Food - All meals are provided at Balule.
* Transport - All project based transport & game drives.
* Orientation - Comprehensive project brief on arrival with ongoing supervision & training.
* Support - Full in-country support from the experienced AVIVA team.
* Certificate - You will receive a Certificate of Appreciation on completion of your placement.
The AVIVA Price Promise: If you can find a similar experience for less with the same level of service & support - we will match it.
- Animal Welfare
- Grassroots Organization
Volunteering is for everyone - Although more than 70% of our volunteers are females aged between 18-25 years old, we have hosted volunteers of all ages (18 - 82 years), backgrounds and nationalities (59 different countries so far). These include students, career gappers, retirees, doctors, nurses, policewomen, teachers, social workers, vets, pilots, lawyers and just about any career or profession you can imagine.
This Program is open to
Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi, South African, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 2-8
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
1 working day