Great White Shark Conservation in South Africa
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
Throughout the year
You will need no previous experience or qualifications as all training and supervision is provided on site. If you have any specific skills or interest we are happy to try and utilize them during your stay.
Cost in US$:
USD 712 for your first week - extra weeks are discounted
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Travel while in host country
Program Fees Include:
* MyTrip - We will provide you with login details for your personal online trip planner.
* Fundraising help - Order your free AVIVA Fundraising Pack.
* Airport transfers - Between Cape Town Airport and AVIVA House.
* Welcome brief - A warm welcome and full brief from one of our team.
* Accommodation - AVIVA Volunteer House for your first night - our dedicated volunteer lodge near Cape Town. Comfortable volunteer accommodation during your time at the project.
* Food - Basic self-service breakfasts are provided during your project time, along with lunches if you are on the boat.
* Transport - Transfer from AVIVA House and Kleinbaai to join the project (less than 3 hours). On completion, we provide a return transfer to Cape Town Airport or AVIVA House.
* Orientation - A welcome brief and project orientation on arrival.
* Internet Access - A PC with free internet access is available at your project accommodation.
* DVD - A DVD of one of your shark diving trips on the boat
* Support - Full in-country support from the experienced AVIVA team.
* Certificate - You will receive a Certificate of Appreciation on completion of your placement.
If required, extra nights can be added to your stay to meet your flight dates for only R150 per night. This may help you to take advantage of any cheaper flights that arrive in Cape Town before your planned arrival date.
The AVIVA Price Promise: If you can find a similar experience for less with the same level of service & support - we will match it.
- Animal Welfare
- Marine Conservation
Volunteering is for everyone - Although more than 70% of our volunteers are females aged between 18-25 years old, we have hosted volunteers of all ages (18 - 82 years), backgrounds and nationalities (59 different countries so far). These include students, career gappers, retirees, doctors, nurses, policewomen, teachers, social workers, vets, pilots, lawyers and just about any career or profession you can imagine.
18 years or older on arrival
This Program is open to
Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi, South African, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 5-10
Application Process Involves
Typically The Application Process Time is
1 working day