U.S. English Language Teaching Assistantships
Austria: Graz, Salzburg, ViennaLength of Position: 8 months
Austrian-American Educational Commission. invites U.S. university graduates to work as teaching assistants in Austria. They will be working in one or two secondary schools in Austria, giving aid to teachers of English in classroom instruction. Teaching assistants are employed from October 1 - May 31 of the school year, at 13 hours per week.
Prior to the commencement of assignments, participants will attend an orientation seminar U.S. teaching assistants with an impressive performance may apply for an extension of their contract for a second year. TESOL graduates and/or teachers of German with passion for Austrian language and studies are also invited to apply.
For additional information, contact the Austrian-American Educational Commission.
1. Work as English language teaching assistants at secondary schools throughout Austria for a maximum of two years.
2. Land a possible career in education or public service.
3. Make a difference in the lives of your global students.
* Recent university graduates, who are U.S. citizens
* Native speakers of English
* Interested in careers in education or public service
* A working knowledge of German is required for prospective teachers of German or TESOL and/or graduates
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Approximately 1,105 Euros net income; participants in this program are insured by Austrian national health care plan.
This Program is open to
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application