United States: Alabama, Arizona, Chicago and 24 other cities
Length of Position
That's right, apply in August 2012 and the agency fee of GBP349 will be completely waived. You will not pay a penny, and will still get your flights to and from the USA paid for, as well as your insurance package, and 3 days of training and accommodation in New York.
As an au pair you will be working as a live-in childminder for one of our American host families. Your responsibilities can be quite varied. They depend mostly on the age of the children in your host family. It is just as likely that you will need to feed and bathe the children as it is that you will have play dates at the park or local swimming pool with other au pairs and their children. You might also take them to school or accompany them to various after-school activities; you can help them with their homework or play together. Household chores related to the children are also your domain.
Playmate, homework helper, cook, fairytale teller, big sister, chauffeur, substitute parent, singer, football coach, comforter, first aide helper, alarm clock...child care consists of all of these roles! Most importantly you must possess a genuine affection for children. This simple requirement is the most essential for creating an unforgettable and unique au pair year.
Already worked as an au pair in the USA?
New US J1 visa regulations have made it possible to become an au pair in the USA for a 2nd time! Call us now for more information!
We are now also offering AU PAIR AUSTRALIA and AU PAIR NEW ZEALAND. Contact us for more information!
Benefits and Salary
* Your working hours (maximum of 45 hours per week) are established for your protection
* You receive your own bedroom and full board
* Weekly salary of 195.75 USD
* Up to 500 USD in tuition money in order to attend college classes (you must complete 6 credits or 60 hours)
* 2 weeks vacation (10 working days)
* 1 1/2 free days per week
* 1 completely free weekend per month
* 13th travel month
* Extensive preparation, advice and support from AuPairCare
* Personal interview
* 4-day arrival orientation in the greater New York area (arrival on Monday, continued travel to host family on Thursday)
* Free flight to the United States, including all connecting flights to your host family
* Free return flight from either your host family or another desired airport in the USA, given that you have successfully completed your AuPairCare programme
* All-inclusive insurance package for 12 months
Aside from your enthusiasm for children, you should...
* be a UK/IE citizen or have a permanent resident permit for the EU.
* be between 18 and 26 years old
* have practical childcare experience, i.e. through babysitting (nieces, nephews, cousins, friends' children, etc); placements in nurseries, pediatric centres, primary schools, etc; as a camp counsellor or from after-school tutoring. You need at least 2 different references.
* have a valid driving licence (recommended)
* have proof of secondary education
* be unmarried and childless, healthy and a non-smoker
* be open-minded, flexible, responsible and able to laugh
Please contact us for more information.
Independently or in Groups
Apply up to 6 months before you wish to travel
AuPairCare is the premier U.S. provider of au pairs. In 1989, AuPairCare became one of the first agencies designated by the United States Department of State to legally sponsor au pairs to come to the United States. Since then, we've made more than 30,000 successful au pair placements across the U.S. Our au pairs come from over 40 countries and have been fully screened by our overseas representatives. They all have previous childcare experience, speak English, and have a sincere interest in living with an American family. Most importantly, they love children and enjoy spending time with them. AuPairCare Europe is a division of Intrax Cultural Exchange, a family of organizations devoted to cultivating international understanding through cultural exchange and educational travel, with operations in over 80 countries worldwide. Our central office is located in Berlin, Germany.