- AUIP - American Universities International Programs
- New Zealand: Sustainable Business (6 credits)
New Zealand: Sustainable Business (6 credits)
We offer a 3.5 week experiential program that lets you visit the beautiful landscapes of New Zealand and explore the flourishing commercial area of Sydney, Australia. Through the course, students can visit spectacular natural environments, learn about the sustainable use of resources, and explore the various cultures in contemporary Australia and New Zealand.
Join the program in New Zealand, the ideal location for studying the intersection of people, business, and the environment. You will also find yourself in the global city of Sydney.
1. Develop your interpersonal skills through constant communication and collaboration with your peers.
2. Gain a deep understanding and be able to make the general public grasp the importance of sustainable business practices.
3. Learn how business enterprises can be a helpful tool for promoting social justice in the indigenous population.
4. Gain a deep understanding of how you can make a business sustainable.
5. Understand the complex relationships between environmental sustainability, social accountability, and profitability.
Health and Safety
Take This Trip!
Submitted by Connor Hovesepian - University of Montana | October 29, 2012
I loved everything about my trip. The program was well organized, yet left ample time for experiencing the sites and cultures. The instructors were great and every guest speaker offered a unique perspective into each business, city, and culture. This was one of the greatest things I have ever done in my life.
New Zealand: Christchurch, Nelson, Queenstown and 2 other cities, South Island, Wellington Show less
- Environmental Studies
- International Business
- International Relations
- Political Science & Politics
- Public Management
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
The program fee includes:
* Transcript for 6 credits
* Accommodation at hostels and motels
* Some meals
* All group activities and excursions
* In-country transportation
Additional costs that students are responsible for include:
* International and internal airfare
* Course packet
* Personal expenses
This Program is open to
American and Canadian Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Job and Internship Network
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
This 3.5-week study program for international students will examine tourism and adventure recreation in South Island. The assessment will be conducted through coursework
New Zealand: Auckland, Rotorua, Tauranga New Zealand: Auckland, Rotorua, Tauranga Show less
Join our 10-day study abroad program and have fun exploring resource conservation and ecological restoration in New Zealand's North Island by actively taking part in service...
AUIP features a 3.5-week study abroad program that explores the relationship between sustainable man-made and natural environments and global health, integrating diverse
Antarctica: Rural Areas Antarctica: Rural Areas Show less
We offer a rare opportunity to visit the most remote, quietest, least understood, highest, driest, windiest, and coldest continent on the planet. The program offers six academic...
Fiji: Nadi, Sigatoka, Suva Fiji: Nadi, Sigatoka, Suva Show less
This ten-day experiential program lets students explore the relationship between human beings and the natural environments using the framework of sustainable development....
AUIP features a 3.5-week experiential program that explores the interaction of people with their natural environment using the sustainable development theme. North Queensland...
AUIP features a 3.5-week, 6-credit experiential program that explores the relationship between the natural environment and people under the sustainable development theme....