Athena Study Abroadhttp://www.AthenaAbroad.com
73 Mill Street, Suite B Gahanna, Ohio 43230 United States
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
Spring: Jan-Apr; Fall: Early Sept - Mid Dec
** Early Bird Discounts: Apply for ANY Athena Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 semester program early and have a chance at receiving 300 USD in spending money. See Athena Study Abroad's website for details.**
Athena's London program takes place at Roehampton University, a small, friendly, collegiate community where students can live, learn and socialise together on a beautiful and historic campus in southwest London. The school offers a range of excellent facilities as well as easy access to the world-class museums, libraries and galleries of one of the most exciting and successful cities in the world.
Studying abroad in London, England, means exposing yourself to one of the most cultured and sophisticated cities in the world.
Because London is a cultural hub for much of the world's literature, film, art and fashion, students have the opportunity to apply traditional in-class learning through real-life educational experiences outside of the classroom.
* World-renown attractions saturate the city's landscape, including Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Abbey Road, and the Globe Theater
* Exciting new developments are appearing in the city as a result of London's selection as the site of the 2012 Olympic Games
* Walk in the footsteps of countless historical and social icons such as Winston Churchill, Queen Elizabeth, and Shakespeare
* International melting pot of peoples, cultures, and traditions
* London's public transportation system makes navigating the city very easy
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
USD 14,199 Spring '12; TBA Fall '12;
* Tuition for 12-16 credits
* Housing in double occupancy student apartment
* Cultural excursions
* Weekend trips
* Services of student services department
* On-site orientation
* Internet access (apartment and school)
* Pre-departure guide
* 24-hour emergency line to advisors (health issues)
* Free cell phone rental
* Student services including cultural and social events (some for additional fees)
* On-campus library facilities
* Health Insurance from HTH Worldwide, a global leader in international health insurance
* Official transcript from Roehampton University
* Unparalleled personalized service
* Contribution to a world charity through Students Offering Support (S.O.S.), the charitable arm of Athena
* Marie McKay Global Citizen Scholarship (Award: USD 1,000) The McKay Global Citizen Scholarship is designed for the Athena student who can best demonstrate an interest in and intention to promote the concept of social justice at a city, state, national, and/or global level. Because students that study abroad become many of our world's future leaders, it is extremely important that these students consider ways to become globally competent citizens. The recipient of this award must demonstrate an initiative to give back to society, an awareness of global community, and an intent to apply the skills and lessons learned abroad to his/her future endeavors. In order to apply, each student should construct a 500 word essay that outlines his/her interest in social justice and service programs, any previous experience with similar initiatives, as well as a description of how the skills and lessons learned abroad will be applied to future endeavors that will contribute to the betterment of society. - No minimum GPA requirement - In order to be eligible for the scholarship, student must be accepted into an Athena semester or year-long study abroad program * Vincent I. Benander Learning Scholarship (Award: USD 1,000) The Benander Academic Scholarship is designed for the Athena student who can best demonstrate a true "love of learning" in his/her major area of study, and superior academic abilities. The recipient of this scholarship can be from any academic discipline, but must be able to show a strong, demonstrated passion and success in his/her field of interest. In order to apply, each student should construct a 500 word essay that demonstrates a love of learning, academic strengths that extend beyond (but including) the major area of study, a detailed description of the student's future professional endeavors, and a list of extracurricular activities (honor societies, leadership positions, awards, etc.). - 3.5 minimum GPA required - Junior status or higher - In order to be eligible for the scholarship, student must be accepted into an Athena semester or year-long study abroad program Application Deadlines: Fall Semester - June 1 Spring Semester - October 1 * Athena Penny Scholarship (Award: USD 250) The Penny Scholarships are available to students studying abroad at specific Athena campuses overseas. For the academic year, students studying at the Rome, Italy, Tuscania, Italy and/or the Sydney, Australia campuses are eligible to apply for the Penny Scholarships. In order to apply, each student should construct a 500 word essay that outlines why he/she has selected the specific program location that they have (Tuscania, Rome or Sydney), what unique offerings the student feels the program will offer them, and details about what the student expects to gain from studying at this specific campus and location. - No minimum GPA requirement - In order to be eligible for the scholarship, student must be accepted into an Athena semester or year-long study abroad program Application Deadlines: Fall Semester - June 1 Spring Semester - October 1
Athena offers its students programs that are focused on intense, cultural immersion which puts them in touch with the locals of their host country, elements of the host culture, and other international students from around the world to ensure a well-rounded, diverse experience.