Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign Athena Study Abroad participants doing the love sign

Athena Study Abroad in Paris, France

Amazing advisor, friendly and very safe city of Paris!

Our advisor Michael was AMAZING. He really made the trip better than I could have ever imagined it to be. Art History/Architecture was a TON of information and it was kind of hard to absorb everything in the short amount of time we had during the J-term. Photography was really exciting and definitely taught me different things about cameras! It was a plus that we went to various places throughout Paris to take photographs.

The city was friendly and very safe. I never felt unsafe (except for a pick-pocket incident) and a few times on the Metro. For housing, LOCATION was the best part of the whole place. I understand that with the attacks and everything that happened in November, there was issues with things. I was told that we would have a kitchen and we didn't. A kitchen would have been perfect and definitely would have helped me save a ton of money on food. It would have been nice to get a discount or some money back considering I spent almost double what I planned on food (that consisted of $3 sandwiches from the store that were not that great). The heat was horrible. They said they would fix it, but nothing ever happened. The WiFi was also sketchy. It was hard to keep in touch with family and friends, especially when my mother is constantly worried about me. LOL!

I have come out of this definitely understanding different cultures and how things are so diverse throughout the world.

Studying Abroad in Paris has been one of the greatest experiences of my life!

Studying Abroad in Paris has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to see and do sooo much including going to London and Rome on weekend excursions. I absolutely loved the flexibility and support I was given by Athena and my on-site advisor. Can't wait for further adventures!!