OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Athena Study Abroad in Italy

View detailed rating

Outstanding Semester Abroad

My semester abroad was the most amazing experience of my life. I was fortunate enough to meet family members for the first time and get to know them. I traveled all over Italy, went to London, Switzerland, and the French Riviera. I have learned so much about myself as well as the culture in which I spent 5 months. Once my semester was over, I stayed in Tuscany for a month and a half spending time with my aunt and uncle in a very small town learning everything about the Italian culture that I did not experience in Florence. I would recommend studying abroad for anyone who is given the opportunity. It was absolutely worth it.

Attending school was not difficult to manage with all the traveling that my friends and I did. My classes were fun and interesting about relayed over to my home university!

I lived in an extended-stay hotel and loved the location! I was very close to the center of the city and could walk anywhere that I needed or wanted to go.

It was very easy for me to immerse myself into the culture. I loved my experience in Italy and plan to return very soon.

I had wonderful program administration members working with me. There was never a time when I could not reach the two people that I spoke to most. They were a lot of help and I still keep in touch with them today!

View detailed rating

Experience another world

This program was fantastic! They were with me every step of the way and they were very organized which made me feel comfortable and well taken care of. We had a great apartment and school and the city in general was very safe and walk-able. I gained such a perspective of other cultures as well as my own. I realized how fortunate I am to have had this opportunity and I hope that many others can share in the Florence study abroad experience or their own journey similar to this. If you have the chance take it and learn something new such as a perspective, skill or something about yourself, you won't regret it! Explore, experience wanderlust and give yourself the opportunity to say "I have lived."