ARCC Programs Header Image ARCC Programs Header Image

Cuba: Making History

Cuba 2B - Couldn't have been better!

GREAT, GREAT experience. My senior daughter came away with new insights about cultural issues and the realities of life outside of the US, the tour planning was well-organized, and the owners were very responsive to my questions/concerns. My daughter says she felt safe, and definitely well-fed! The Cuba trip was the perfect way for her to be introduced to the greater world, and what she can do to improve it. She was with a good group of kids, and had wonderful opportunities for fun, too. I mean, a spontaneous opportunity to snorkel in the Bay of Pigs?! Wow. Thank you Scott, Kristen, and counselors Tori and Conor, for giving my teenager an unforgettable experience. IMHO the experience was priceless. Highly recommended.

ARCC is fabulous and Cuba was amazing!

My daughter loved this trip - she has done Overland several times but this was her first experience with ARCC and she thought they were great. She was excited to see Cuba before it becomes commercialized and appreciated the opportunity to help the people of Cuba. The service ranged from teaching English to painting an orphanage to delivering meals - she even got to play guitar with the local band of volunteers! She thought the counselors were great - very energetic and enthusiastic! Her favorite parts of the trip were the (surprise) snorkeling adventure in the Bay of Pigs and touring around Havana in the old cars!! Highly recommend the trip and ARCC!!!

Cuba 2A

Amazing is an understatement when talking about the trip. The wonderful leaders made it just that much more fun and and enjoyable. It is a great chance to meet people from around the U.S and touch people's hearts in Cuba. The food varied quality-wise but hey food is food. I don't think there was one meal where I walked away hungry. Talking to locals and seeing how Cuba really was extremely insightful since we could look at it from their perspective. I took over 1000 photos and videos because I couldn't get enough of the culture. I think we all walked away from the trip feeling the same way. Amazed

Amazing Cuban adventures!

Our freshman daughter attended the Cuba trip for 2 weeks this summer. We can't say enough about the wonderful experience she had there! The leaders were well trained, attentive and offered wonderful spur of the moment opportunities. They surprised everyone with snorkeling in the Bay of Pigs. The accommodations were wonderful and meals were exceptional (according to our daughter). She made some amazing friends as a result of the leaders facilitating so many group activities. They offered a historical perspective and education along with fun experiences and cultures. We are looking for her next trip to book next summer through ARCC!

Best company for teen travel

Love this company. They do a great job ensuring that you will have a great time and meet amazing people. The activities and service experience are excellent-favorite was handing going to people's homes to drop off food to needy families. It was a unique opportunity to see how people in Cuba really live and to touch their lives.
The counsellors also were wonderful. They make sure everyone is having a great time and that everyone is getting along well. I will defiantly use again next year.

Viva la Cuba Libre

I went on this trip in the summer of 2016, and it was an amazing experience. My grandparents actually happen to have immigrated to the U.S after growing up in Cuba, so this was a great opportunity for me to see what their lives were like before living here, and to experience a culture that has not been open to americans for quite some time. ARCC was a fantastic program to do this trip through. Our two leaders, Connor and Tori, kept us safe and also helped us have fun. Our house where we stayed in Matanzas for our service work was the most legendary experience of my life. Everyone there was so nice and helpful, and Bobi, the owner of the house, was the greatest man I've ever met. Not only did I enjoy the company of our leaders and translator Yala, but the people I met on this trip were amazing and I hope to stay in touch with them for a long time. Cuba is as the locals call it, the biggest museum in the world, and I can also say that is true, because not only in the streets of Havana, but anywhere you go, you are diving into Cuba's culture, a culture that I have fallen in love with. Not only am I even more proud of my Cuban heritage, but I have friends and stories that will last a lifetime. If you plan on going to Cuba, you can not go wrong going with ARCC.
Garrett Rivas
garrettrivas13@gmail.com for further questions
p.s I gave health and safety an 8 only because you really have to be careful with the water, not because of ARCC