A woman on top of a hill A woman on top of a hill

University of Queensland

The land of Oz

My semester here in Australia has been one of the greatest experiences of my life so far. I learned about Australian culture, indigenous culture and history, and also a lot about myself. I studied at UQ (Uni of Qld) and it was a gorgeous campus, situated about a half hour from the beautiful and lively city of Brisbane. I loved the freedom that I had. When I first got here, after orientation, the Arcadia staff helped to ease us into the new country we were living in without breathing down our backs. They provided a lot of different excursions which were awesome, I don't think I would have ever scuba dived at the great barrier reef, but I did.

Everyone was so nice and friendly, and genuinely cared about how we were going. I would definitely do another trip abroad with this Arcadia staff. Love them all.

The reason I gave the academic a lower score is probably just because of my trouble transitioning to the Australian style of teaching and grading. Very different from American, but you'll get used to it (just in time to leave haha). I just had to stress less and remember to have fun! I also got the chance to have a lot of fun with class field trips to study ecology and zoology hands on!

Freedom and fun

Really liked my program. I was able to live on campus at University of Queensland and get exposed to Australian Culture.

The program helped with the transition but gave you your freedom for the most part.