Anaue Travel & Social Enrichmenthttp://www.anauesocial.com
3417 Palatine Hills Ave North Las Vegas, NV 89081 United States
1-2 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
August - September (Summer Seminar) & October - December (Fall Term)
The Anauê Brazil Service Learning program explores the socio-economic condition of Brazil and its insertion into the global context through cultural immersion, Brazilian Portuguese instruction, Service Learning Lectures and activities.
The program operates in Recife, the capital of the Brazilian state Pernambuco, situated in the Northeast region of Brazil. which is arguably Brazil's most culturally rich regions.
BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE & CULTURE
Intensive Brazilian Portuguese and culture instruction including cultural workshops and museum visits.
SERVICE LEARNING LECTURE SERIES
The lecture series is taught in English and will cover the following topics: Brazilian Economy, Politics, Education System, Formation of Brazilian Culture, Religion, and Service Learning in Brazil.
SERVICE LEARNING VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
Students will conduct service learning activities with a local nonprofit or community organization. At the conclusion of the program students must create a virtual portfolio journal highlighting their experiences including pictures and/or videos.
Students will travel to the country-side of Pernambuco. The retreat will include Sustainability and Business in Brazil Workshop, Ecological Gastronomy Workshop, tours and related Service Learning Activities.
RIO DE JANEIRO TRIP
Students will spend three days in Rio de Janeiro to visit the world-famous Cristo Redentor (Statue of Christ the Redeemer), Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar), Ipanema & Copocabana Beach. There be time to visit museums and do shopping. While in Rio you will visit public high schools and have a cultural exchange event with local high school students. Flight and hotel is included in the cost.
Students will be placed with a local Brazilian host family or student housing. Two meals per day are included in the program except during excursions on the weekends. Transportation will be provided for airport pick-up and drop-off, and excursions.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Anauê provides 24-hour emergency service while the student is in Brazil. The Program Director and local support staff will provide guidance and assistance. The program fee includes comprehensive insurance/assistance package that includes medical coverage abroad, program cancellation/interruption insurance and baggage coverage. Students will be advised on the recommended vaccinations during the pre-orientation.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 (on a scale of 0-4)
- Passport and Brazilian tourist visa prior to departure
- Submit one page essay
- Resume and 3 references
Summer Seminar (USD 5,300) & Fall Term (USD 7,800)
- Airport Pick-up & Drop-off from Recife International Airport, Brazil
- Housing with Host Family + breakfast and dinner are included
- Resident Director and local support staff
- International Travel & Health insurance throughout the entire program period
- Brazilian Portuguese & Culture + Materials
- Service Learning Lectures, Transportation, & Workshops
- Transcript from the Universidade Catolica de Pernambuco (UNICAP) up to 12 term credits:
- Brazilian Portuguese & Culture, Service Learning Lecture Series, & Service Learning Activities
- City Tours of Recife, Olinda, and Taquaritinga do Norte, Pernambuco & surrounding areas
- Brazilian Cultural Workshops
- Porto de Galinhas Beach Trip (Includes Transportation)
- Bonito, Pernambuco Waterfall Hiking Trip (includes transportation and breakfast)
18+ (Some exceptions may be made for exceptional students age 17)
Independently or in Groups of 1-4
Anaue (pronounced: a-new-way) was created with the desire to present university students and recent graduates with a glimpse into the varied realities within Brazil. Anaue connects different thoughts and perspectives to expand intercultural competence through a living experience in Brazil.
I had the honor to first-hand experience a rich in culture, well diverse, collectivistic state. My trip ended up becoming more of a spiritual healing trip instead of just “any vacation.”I started ...More
Did you participate on a program with Anaue Travel & Social Enrichment ?
Share your thoughts!