P.O. Box 24865 Fort Worth, TX 76124 United States
Throughout the year
2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
First and third Monday of each month
Volunteer or Internship opportunities in or near Atenas, Costa Rica are available in the following areas:
* Children's Orphanage/Daycare
* Environmental Conservation
* Geriatric Care (Elderly)
* Pet Rescue
* Special Needs
* Teaching English
* Teenage Boys Orphanage
* Turtle Conservation
* Women's Cooperative
* Note: Staff is still working to write the project descriptions for posting on the website. However, we are accepting applications for Costa Rica.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact us for more detailed information about our projects in Costa Rica.
Program fee includes:
* Project set-up
* Project oversight
* Airport pick-up and/or drop-off
* Three meals per day
* Host family accommodations (except conservation projects, which are usually more of a bungalow style dwelling)
* Spanish lessons are available for 80 dollars/week. (Fees are subject to change)
- Volunteers (for most projects) must be at least 18 years of age.
- Interns must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least 60 hours of college course credit.
- Participants must provide proof of travel insurance prior to departure in conformance with AMPED Abroad's minimum coverage requirements.
- A 250 dollars non-refundable application fee is required.
Please visit our website for details
The program fee includes: project set-up, written placement information, oversight, airport pick-up and/or drop-off, orientation, three meals per day, and host family accommodations (exceptions apply for some conservation projects, which may be more of a bungalow style dwelling.)
There is also a 250 dollars non-refundable application fee.
Note: Emergency evacuation services are limited to administrative/logistical support from AMPED Abroad and its in-country partners.
The average age range is 18-26. Depending on the time of year, summer months being the busiest, there are usually 2-3 volunteers per host family stay and per project placement. Note: Groups are self-organized and are not pre-arranged by AMPED Abroad. Participants traveling as a group may opt for a project as a group project. Please contact our staff for more information.
Minimum age is 18. Persons over 60 must provide a letter from their doctor.
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups