The state of Oaxaca is one of the most important archeological zones in Mesoamerica and the city boasts an abundance of colonial architecture and a strong indigenous presence. The ambiance is both relaxed and energetic. Oaxaca has one of the most active zycalos (central plazas) in Mexico; there is rarely a dull moment. The blend of cultures sets a tone which is both remote and cosmopolitan.
AmeriSpan's partner school offers instruction at a large converted colonial home with beautiful grounds.
Spanish Immersion Program (included in tuition):
* 5 hrs/day classes (25 hrs/wk)
* Group classes (max 5)
* Private room with host family
* Breakfast & dinner daily
* Daily organized activities
* Intercambio (paired with Mexicans, take turns speaking English/Spanish)
* Airport pickup in Oaxaca if staying with host family
* Travel Assistance Program
* Emergency message service
Options (extra cost):
* One-one-one classes
* Day and Weekend excursions
Diversity is the word that best describes Mexico's people and geography. Over 50 different Indian Groups, each with its own language, comprise 28% of Mexico's 83 million inhabitants. Divided by the Tropic of Cancer into the temperate North and the tropical South, the country boasts snow-capped volcanoes, jungle clad beaches, deserts, archeological ruins, modern cities, upscale resorts and isolated villages.