Combined Module of 80 Hrs Online course +6 days orientation

• The School/Placement

• Teacher Support

View detailed rating

Teaching in Thailand is a transforming experience!

The TEFL program is providing me, an eye opening experience. I am teaching in Thailand. The
place is one of the most popular places for EFL teachers. I got the opportunity to work in a school
Chamnan Samakkhi School which is in Klaeng District, Rayong. It is a unique experience that I would
cherish for lifetime. The place where I am teaching is renowned for it’s sought after attractions. I was
delighted to see that the place where my school is situated is encased with lovely surroundings, fine
restaurants, shopping areas and stunning attractions. The course is helping me to understand the
relevancy to choose age and level appropriate activities while implementing a lesson. It is providing me with various innovative teaching strategies which definitely adding the extra edge to address the different learning styles of the students. TEFL program of American TESOL Institute is definitely a program with a difference! The teaching practice experience is helping me to understand how to execute a lesson in a planned manner and within a time span. I am placed in Chamnan Samakkhi and the program is assuring me with a placement and the experience is contributing towards enhancement of my teaching skills.

• The Employer

• Professional Development

Review of my teaching experience in Kasintorn St Peter, Nonthaburi, Bangkok

I enjoyed doing the TEFL course as I found the training to be quiet indepth. I easily related to the methodologies and approaches of modern ways of teaching. The course offered a lot of benefits. It provided me with an assurance of a well placed job after completion of the course. It included the cost of accomodation as well. The course offered me with an opportunity to travel and meet new people and experience a different culture. It gave me the wings to fly.

Let me share one such memorable teaching experience in Thailand.

I was placed in Kasintorn St Peter, Nonthaburi. I deal with the age group of 8 to 10 years. My experience with ATI was amazing. It was fulfilling and rewarding in very way. I got the chance to explore and touch lives. The school I taught was progressive. In this school the English Program was expanded in 2007. The school took the step to construct a completely new building for the English Program and hence teaching here added an extra edge to my teaching experience. The school has implemented internet services and it kept me connected. The school offered many activities and hence it was all the more interesting.

Nonthaburi is close to Bankok city. It is one of the five neighboring provinces of Bankok. The place resonates with en enriched culture. The long history of this place is associated with the great Ayutthaya Kingdom. The Chao Phraya is a major river in Thailand. It flows through Bankok and cradles Nonthaburi. The place is endowed with elegant palaces, splendid royal gardens, old magnificent temples, and gorgeous city hall. The grand royal mansions, and many such breathtaking places would simple make your visit memorable.

I would certainly recommend this course as I feel this course helped me to embark on a new journey in the field of teaching.

• The School/Placement

• Teacher Support

Adventures in Teaching with the ATI Special Thai Project

I was attracted to this program mostly because it was not only a TESOL certification course, but also a guaranteed, well-paid job after the course, including the costs of accommodation! All for about $1000, plus travel expenses. I really appreciated that this program required an undergraduate degree, because I knew that I would be learning and creating friendships with people who, like me, had already graduated college.

The TESOL course was located in a nice hotel right off the beach in gorgeous Nai Harn, southern Phuket island. The quality of the course was pretty good, they taught some theory, methods for teaching students of all ages, Thai culture, and the last week was completely hands-on in a real classroom and your peers critique your style. It was informative, but not so intensive that you are weighed down the entire month - they definitely give you time to get to know your fellow foreign teachers outside training and explore all the beauty Phuket has to offer.

I would have liked to have more of a choice for the location of the job placement after the course, however I understand that placement depends on current needs of schools at the time of completion. As it was, two of my new friends and I were placed in a local school in AngThong, a village a few hours north of Bangkok. I would have preferred a bigger city or something closer to the ocean, but overall my village experience was positive and immersive.

The house we lived in together was adorable and had a Western style toilet. Teaching in a local school was both exciting and eye-opening. The turnover rate of English teachers is high in Thailand, and the students will put your patience to the test. Too many students in one class is common, as are mixed levels of English. Some will be more serious about learning the language than others.

Although I enjoyed my time in AngThong, I was ready to live in a bigger village once the semester was over. In order to receive your TESOL certificate, you must complete your teaching appointment. Afterward, you can either choose to stay on at the school if they offer, or find work elsewhere, which is quite easily available almost everywhere in the country. I stayed in Thailand for 13 months and some of my TESOL friends are still there teaching! Overall, it was one of the most rewarding adventures of my life.