Brazil: Sao Paulo
Spend 5 weeks studying a wide variety of topics for up to 7 credits at the Fundacao Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP) in Sao Paulo, Brazil. As you live in a Brazilian homestay just a short distance from campus, you will experience all that life has to offer in South Americas most influential country. Enjoy a range of social and cultural activities including day trips to the beautiful white sandy beaches at Guaruja and the colorful arts and crafts town of Embu das Artes. The beaches on the Atlantic coast are just a short distance away and Sao Paulo is perfectly located to allow weekend travel throughout the region.
This program is ideal whether youre looking to become more fluent in the Portuguese language or looking for a breathtaking South American backdrop for your summer study abroad experience. No previous Portuguese language study is required and courses are taught in both English and Portuguese. In addition to the included features, an optional 3-day excursion to the exhilarating city of Rio de Janeiro is available.
Brazil is South America's most influential country, an economic giant and one of the world's biggest democracies. Brazil combines white sandy beaches and some of the greatest biodiversity on the planet with samba infused metropolises and hidden colonial towns. Sao Paulo is the economic and cultural heart of Brazil. Known affectionately by the locals as Sampa, Sao Paulo boasts a vibrant fashion industry, experimental music and dance scene as well as world-class museums, theaters and concert halls.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Please contact us for cost information.
* Tuition - up to 7 semester credits (subject to course selection)
* Housing - in a homestay or student apartment
* Meal allowance - to subsidize breakfast and lunch or dinner Monday through Friday
* Cultural activities such as: tours, museum visits, cooking classes, social activities with Brazilians
* Excursions - Guaruja (day visit); Sao Roque (day visit)
* Transportation pass for bus and metro
* Comprehensive insurance and assistance package
* Services of a pre-departure Student Advisory Center and an on-site Resident Director
* Pre-departure handbook
* AIFS Flight Package - Round trip flights U.S. to Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo to U.S. and round trip transfers between the airport and campus overseas.
* Optional excursion to Rio de Janeiro
Independently or in Groups
AIFS offers a wide variety of scholarships! Contact us to see which ones you qualify for.
We bring the world together.