Academic Year, Fall, Spring
August - May (Academic Year), August - December (Fall Semester), January - May (Spring Semester)
Immerse yourself in Study Abroad Salamanca!
Experience history, art, the Spanish culture and language in your summer, semester, or academic year abroad. Witness and occupy yourself with the mystifying Salamantino culture and get to practice your Spanish by interacting with a very warm family. Here, AIFS makes sure you get quality study and travel experience.
Salamanca's golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals nestle in the northwest corner of old Castile, far from the tourist crowds that overrun the rest of Spain. Only two and a half hours from Madrid, Salamanca retains the romantic charm of a medieval university town. AIFS students take courses at the University of Salamanca, known as the "Oxford of the Spanish world." Life in Salamanca revolves around the Plaza Mayor, justly called the most beautiful square in Spain.
Programs at the University of Salamanca accommodate varying degrees of language proficiency: (1) Elementary, (2) Spanish Language and Civilization for intermediate and advanced levels, and (3) Superior level consisting of University lecture courses for bilingual students. A four-week orientation and language preparation precedes the semester, after which students travel a week in Andalucia. Besides intercambios (or conversational exchanges with Spanish students), the Resident Director organizes excursions to such places as Segovia or Toledo and ongoing social and cultural activities in the city of Salamanca.
AIFS program fees cover the basics and the extras: tuition, housing, meals, London visit, excursions and cultural activities, airfare if selected, visit to Madrid, and more.
Live in Salamanca amongst the golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals. Study at the University of Salamanca, known as the Oxford of the Spanish world, where you will join the thriving community of students who make Salamanca their home.
Earn up to 18 credits starting at orientation with a Spanish language course taught at one of four levels. Continue the semester taking Spanish courses and a selection of elective courses taught in Spanish or English.
Soak up the culture of this beautiful city. Spend time in the famous Plaza Mayor, take Spanish cooking classes or visit the Jeronimus Cathedral tower.
Explore other parts of Spain on excursions to Andalucia and Madrid. Travel on the Optional AIFS Flight Package and begin your trip with a 3-day excursion to London, England en route to Salamanca.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Please contact us for cost information.
- Tuition up to 18 semester credits (subject to course selection)
- Orientation courses (3 credits)
- Housing in a Spanish homestay or University residence for an additional supplement
- Meals - 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
- Cultural activities such as: day visits to Segovia and Ciudad Rodrigo (spring only) and an overnight trip to Madrid and Toledo
- Excursions: Andalucia (4 days); Madrid (2 days)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Comprehensive insurance and assistance package
- Services of a pre-departure Student Advisory Center and an on-site Resident Director
- Pre-departure handbook
- AIFS Flight Package includes visit to London Round trip flights U.S.-London, London - Madrid, Madrid - U.S. and round trip transfers between the airport and campus overseas. The flight pack- age also includes a 3-day stopover in London on the way to campus.
- Excursions - Barcelona (3 days - spring only); Lisbon, Portugal (3 days - fall only); Marrakech, Morocco (4 days)
Independently or in Groups
AIFS offers a wide variety of scholarships! Contact us to see which ones you qualify for.
We bring the world together.