American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in Rome: Semester or Year

Finding a home in Rome

Ciao! This program with Rome was an amazing and life changing experience. Throughout my time abroad the onsite staff continued to make sure we were immersed in the local culture. I got to travel to so many Italian cities and experience them how the locals do. In Naples I got to eat at one of the first pizzerias, ever. In Rome we had the chance to take cooking classes to continue eating this amazing food upon returning home.
The resident director, Rosanna, was amazing. You could always go to Rosanna to talk about academics, living situations, or personal situations and she would welcome you with open arms.
Choosing AIFS was the perfect fit for me and my study abroad experience.
With the recent safety concerns in Europe, the staff made sure they knew where we were traveling to any given weekend and made sure we felt safe during our time abroad.
The living situations were authentic Italian apartments (with home-stay options). In my apartment complex there were other real Italian people and families there.

Spring Semester in Rome

I truly have only positive things to say about my experience through AIFS in Rome, Italy. AIFS booked my travel for me, which allowed for a couple days stay in London along the way. Once arriving in Italy, Rosanna and Marco had already committed our names and faces to memory and could not have been more warm and welcoming. One of the distinguishing factors about this program is we spent two full weeks living in Florence, immersing ourselves in the Italian culture and intensively studying the language. This was what sold me on the program, getting to spend a full two weeks in a different Italian city. Once arriving in Rome, I was shocked at how nice and spacious our apartment was. The neighborhood was very safe and was only blocks away from the Vatican. The food vouches provided by the program were a great bonus. They were accepted at many authentic and delicious restaurants, coffee shops, gelato shops, and grocery stores. Everyday there were cultural activities provided to sign up for, such as pasta making classes, wine tasting classes, and playing soccer with local Italians-experiences one would never have when merely visiting a country. The classes that I took were wonderful. I enjoyed learning the Italian language and was able to pick it up fairly quickly by being surrounded by the language all day. The art and culture class offered in Rome is and will always be my favorite class I will ever take. Antonella, the professor, is actually a tour guide in Rome and full of knowledge about art, culture, and the best restaurants. Nearly every single class was on- site visits with Antonella, something tourist pay a lot of money for. The only down side of the program was that we eventually had to return home. I would highly recommend this program to anyone studying abroad.

There's No Place Like Rome

I absolutely loved my study abroad experience. AIFS really went above and beyond my expectations for my semester in Rome. The thing I loved most about the program was the itinerary. Unlike most other programs, AIFS had optional daily activities for us! These included wine tasting classes, cooking classes, soccer games, museum visits, day trips, and tickets to ballets/operas. With these activities each day, I was really able to immerse myself in the culture more than I ever imagined I would!

On another note, I really have to give a shout out to the directors, faculty, and staff at AIFS. Each and every one of them truly cares about their students. We became a family, and I'll never forget Marco's witty sarcasm, Rosanna's big hugs, and Bruno's enthusiasm and passion for teaching! Go team AIFS!

Home Sweet Rome

Studying Abroad in Rome was nothing short of a dream come true, and AIFS really helped make that happen. From our program directors to optional programs that were offered almost daily, AIFS made sure that we got the most out of our 4 months in Italy. I was nervous to live with a host family, but they welcomed me with open arms and helped me learn about the Italian ways. I wouldn't trade my semester of eating gelato, pizza, pasta, and wine everyday for anything!

Its a Wonderful life

Ciao!

If you to partake in a adventure with other students that will allow you explore 3,000 years of history to experience the life, culture, and all aspects of the Romanian society. Would I go again? I would go again in a heart beat and I even have talked about a reunion with the students from my program. Their is never a dual moment, the program has a different opportunity almost every night of the week. From the Ballet of Swan Lake, cooking classes, dinner night with Romanians, wine night, Happy Hour with the AIFS staff, tours, group dinners, the extensive meal ticket package, the weekend gateways (well worth it), many more events that would take to long to write, and of course, the amazing Director Rosanna Graziani.

The experience was so amazing even though I did lose my luggage in which Ms. Graziani helped me receive it back.

A Life Changing Experience

Studying abroad with AIFS in Rome was the best decision I have ever made. First off, the culture of Italy was absolutely amazing to live in and be surrounded by. The food, the architecture and everything in between was mesmerizing every day that I stepped outside of my door. The fact that I was able to live in one of the most famous cities in the world and experience all of that history is something that I will cherish for my entire life. Secondly, I could not be happier with the program I chose. AIFS was so well planned and well run, that I was constantly in amazement at what they provided the participants every day. 2 weeks in an amazing hotel in Florence, with activities and excursions planned everyday, only to be whisked away to Rome in order to attend class at a school in the very heart of Rome. The only complaint I have is that I am not able to relive it all over again. If you give AIFS and the city of Rome a semester, they will absolutely change your life for the better.

Greatest time of My life in Rome: AIFS style

This program is the best choice for having the most amazing time of your life in Italy. With all of the options you have to choose from you will never be bored. I met people that I will never forget and will go on programs like this with them again. We are already planning a ski trip.

You are with top professors who come from the University of London. These professors bring into the classroom. In the art history classes you actually go out and see the sites and get world class tours. The teachers are professional tour guides that have gave tours to Family of France. They will also give you the best places to party, eat, and hangout. Especially gelato places.

My apartment was roughly 2000 sqaure feet for 6 guys. it have 3 doubles and one king size single. The living room was big enough to party and kitchen big enough for all of us to eat around the dinner table. All of the apartments are in prime locations around rome.

With all of the activites and opportunities that you are right inside of the culture. From the dinners with Italians to the homemade pasta class.

The adminsitration are the best people in the world. Not one day were they not helpful or did not have a happy face on. Every single question you have, they have an answer for or will know who has the answer.

Social Life:
Partied almost every single day. Scholars lounge and drunken ship