American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in Prague: Summer

Best experience of my life!

This past month has been the best experience of my college career/ life. If I can give advice to anyone thinking about signing up for this program, I would say DO IT. And go for as long as you can!! I am so sad this short four week journey has come to an end. I have made countless memories, and met some of the best people I have had the pleasure of getting to know. Prague is a beautiful place with so much to offer- no matter what your interests or preferences are there is something here for everyone. 5 star trip!

This is the best month of your life

This program has hands down given me the best month of my life. There are amazing people that go on this trip, and you WILL make friends that you will have for the rest of your life. You think you love college....just wait, youre going to be blown away. The culture is incredible, the city is safe, the nightlife is fun, and the excursions open your eyes to a whole new world. YOU NEED TO GO ON THIS PROGRAM.

EAT

Prague is unique in every aspect and offers many different shops, sites, and restaurants. I love food but I find myself to be a picky eater, so I was worried Prague wouldn't be able to cater to my taste. I was pleasantly surprised with all the amazing options that also offered amazing views of castles, rivers, and amazing architecture. I highly suggest to anyone to just jump onto the tram and taking it to some place different to see the unique characteristics of Prague, and to wine and dine (or beer, since they're known for it!) and take in all of Prague's beauty. The tram is extremely accessible wherever you are, so it's hard not to be lost! I loved my experience here, and would do it over a million times!

Great!!!

Z, Renata, and Karin are the great! So glad I chose Prague; for sure the best city! All the things to visit and eat are limitless. There is just enough opportunities they present you with and plenty of free time to do whatever you want!

Best month of my life

Honestly, I could not have chosen a better place to spend a month of my summer. Prague was amazing for food, things to do at ANY point of the day or night, and to meet new people (Czech people AND international people). Get out of your comfort zone and try new foods (definitely the goulash and dumplings, and trdelnik) and go out and explore new things every day. Prague is absolutely beautiful and there are new things to experience every single day!

Prague summer 2016

AIFS staff was absolutely wonderful and did a great job making me feel welcomed and comfortable. The professors of the classes were so great, and included a lot of excursions and activities outside of the classroom to show you more of Prague. Prague is also very cheap compared to other European countries, so that made it very affordable. Only thing that I have to complain about was the dorm...it wasn't the cleanest and the staff wasn't very nice. But, I hardly spent any time there because I was out doing stuff, so it wasn't a huge deal. 10/10 would recommend this program!!

Prague

Before I chosen Prague for my study abroad program location, I had no idea where it even was. Searching to find it begun my adventure. Upon my arrival and transportation t the dorms I was amazed how different it was from America which I was greatly searching to get away from and do something completely new. I instantly fell in love with the city. By AIFS offering tours and excursions within the city helped me understand better on the cultural and historical aspect of this wonderful city. It was a start for me to then explore the rest on my own. However, I did chose to take the arts course they offered which helped me experience more cultural parts of the city I know I would've missed otherwise. I loved the fact that for this class we spent majority of our time learning in museums or at famous architectural sites throughout the city. It was amazing how many centuries of the cities architecture still stands today. This program opened my eyes to see more of the world and its hidden gems.

A fantastic time

My experience with AIFS is one I'll remember for the rest of my life. Every aspect from the academics, to the adventures, and to program administrators made my experience so memorable, safe, and rewarding. I especially loved their commitment to providing as much independence as possible, while also organizing enough events and activities to help acclimate you when you aren't feeling quite up to arrange everything on your own. I had a fantastic time and learned so much!

Amazing time abroad

The directors for my program were so helpful in the first few days, which really helped me to get adjusted. Really thankful I did this experience, and would definitely recommend this to anyone considering it!

Prague 101

Try to speak Czech, people will be nicer to you!
The foods may seem a little strange but don'ts be afraid to try new things.
Stay open-minded and you will meet great people!
By the time it is time for you to leave, you won't want to go home.

Prague study abroad

Would recommend to anyone. Beautiful place with a rich and interesting culture far different from American but not different enough to be scary or unwelcoming. Staff did a wonderful job making everyone feel safe, knowledgeable, and included.