American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in Prague, Charles University: Semester

Absolutely the best experience ever!

AIFS is extremely organized and ready to help you! Prague was a great city because it has so much history and easy public transportation. My Resident Directors were some of the sweetest, caring, and supportive people I have ever met. Prague had great character. You will never be bored. There were amazing museums, fun bars, group tours, cute cafes (on every corner) and a lot of good food. I can confidently say this program is the BEST!

Excellent

I really enjoyed my experience with the AIFS program. The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. They made everything very easy by offering many tours to show us around and assimilate us to the culture. Prague it self was also amazing.

Beautiful and exciting city

Prague is absolutely amazing! There is always something to do or see. It is the most amazing and classically romantic city I've visited in Europe. AIFS does a great job of helping you adjust while allowing you complete independence. The staff is very welcoming and always happy to help you with anything. Charles University classes help you better understand the culture you are living in, but are not too difficult to accommodate your weekend travel habits. Highly recommend!

Amazing overall

I chose Prague because it was central, so I could travel, and because it was much cheaper than other European programs. What I didn't expect was to fall so deeply in love with the city. Prague is quaint, and it's easy to get used to, but even after four months, I'm still discovering new interesting things about it. It has truly become my European home.
The AIFS staff here are wonderful and will do anything to make sure you adjust well and are comfortable. They organize things like free coffee outings, ballets, and theatre performances. When I was sick, they found me a doctor and checked in on me multiple times to make sure I got better.
The classes were a bit harder than I expected, but it turned out to be a good thing - a little academic challenge never hurt anybody.
I would do this semester over again in a heartbeat.

A great semester in Prague

Through this program you'll make life long friends. It was really fun and I had a great time learning about the culture. Prague is a great city, but the Czech country side is also amazing. It's an easy city to navigate and use public transportation.

Come to Prague!

Studying in Prague with AIFS for a semester was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Prague is rich in history and culture with something new to try every day! The program staff was incredibly supportive and helpful during my stay - offering advice and hosting cultural activities. I have built lifelong friendships and fallen in love with this city. I have grown as an individual and become more confident in my abilities. I am grateful for this experience and would do it again in a heartbeat! I would encourage others to choose Prague because it is truly unique and life changing experience. Thank you AIFS

Czech this place out!

Prague is the most magical city and I was so happy with my decision to come here. My experience could not have been as great as it was without the help and support of the AIFS team. They were by our sides from the minute we stepped off the plane and made adjusting to a new culture a breeze. If we had any questions or just wanted to chat they were always there and excited to help. I will miss this beautiful city and all the people I have met including the AIFS Staff.

The semester of a lifetime

I grew so much in my semester abroad, both academically and personally. I learned how to communicate across cultural boundaries and with people whose experiences are so different from my own. I also learned to live outside my comfort zone. My "might" turned into "will" and my "I can try" was shortened to "I can" and I would not give back this experience for the world. With the support of the phenomenal AIFS staff in Prague, I was able to use every last bit of this semester and love it!

Prague 2016 spring

Had a wonderful semester, was a real eye opener. Courses provided by the host institution exceeded my expectations and AIFS local office was just awesome as it can be. Worthwhile experience. Being located in the center of the continent provides great opportunities for weekends trips as well. Definitely recommended.

Best 4 months of my life!

Before coming to Prague, I was very hesitant going to a new country with no one I knew. However, the AIFS staff made me feel so welcomed from the second I came off the plane. They were also there when you needed someone and always made you feel at home. Also, the courses at Charles University taught me an exceptional amount of information about a culture I knew nothing about before coming to Prague. I wish I could study abroad every semester! Thank you AIFS!

Semester in Prague with AIFS

Not only is Prague the most fun place in the world, the AIFS staff are always there to help you. The trips that AIFS organizes are great (especially Moravia) and they give you great tips on Prague! I highly recommend it!

Best place to live in Europe and best provider to do it through!

AIFS really was a great program to come to Prague through. They always made sure you had everything you needed and if you needed any help at all they would make sure you got it right away. The staff is all soooo friendly and they all just really want you to have the best semester possible. Prague itself is an amazing city. It feels more genuine and unique than the more westernized European cities like Paris, Rome, and London. Because it's such a central location, it is also really easy to travel for cheap on bus, train and plane! If I were to go back and choose where I would go for the semester all over again, I would still choose Prague through AIFS without a doubt!

Amazing Opportunities

Along with the beauty of just being in Prague, the amount of cultural experiences were great! I loved going to cafe outings, ballets, and operas along with the amazing trip to Moravia. Not only was the culture great, but so was the AIFS staff! They were always more than willing to help with anything needed!

Prague spring 2016

AIFS is a fantastic program with extremely helpful staff. I would 100% recommend this program to other students interested in study abroad. They helped me easily adjust to living in the Czech Republic and gave me advice on traveling and fun activities, many of which were included in the tuition fees!

Prague

My experience abroad in the Czech Republic was fantastic. I met so many new friends and made great memories. I'm glad I got to immerse myself in the culture of Prague. The administrators of the AIFS office were more than helpful in every situation that came up. The classes were great and I couldn't have asked for a better program or country to study abroad in.

Spring 2016 Prague

The program and the staff were excellent. Prague is an amazing city that is centrally located. The professors were extremely accommodating to travel situations. Overall a great semester with even better people!

Choose Prague

An incredible city with a fascinating history and amazing culture. There is so much to do and see in Prague, and being in the heart of Central Europe means you have easy access to travel on the weekends. AIFS is wonderful program and the staff is only there to make your experience better. I cannot recommend the city of Prague enough... it will steal your heart and you'll never want to leave.

Life-changing semester in Prague

Studying abroad has been one of the most beneficial learning experiences I could have given myself. Going through AIFS gave me the opportunity to go, while still having people to turn to when I had problems or questions. The staff in Prague was fabulous and I loved hanging out with them. The program itself is extremely well run and they give you all the information and help you could need and more.

Best City, Best Company

AIFS is an incredible program that offers numerous options for students to study abroad. What makes AIFS different, though, is its all inclusive approach, where everything (housing, most meals, tuition, etc) was included in the price. For all of the other programs I was looking at, it was such a headache trying to calculate the final cost when AIFS made things simple, easy, and very affordable. However, it is not a *cheap* program - even with such low costs, everything was high-quality, especially the onsite staff, who made my experience feel more comfortable.

Time of my life

Studying abroad with AIFS changed my life. I met some of the most amazing people who quickly became lifelong friends, and I saw some amazing parts of the world that I wouldn't have otherwise. What differentiates AIFS are two things:
1. All inclusive. The program includes weekend trips that are organized by the program, so you know you'll get to travel internationally and go on some amazing trips with your friends abroad without having to go through the hassle of planning everything on your own. They include a flight package and seriously everything you need. You'd end up paying more doing a cheaper program and trying to do all the amazing things that AIFS provides on your own. And it's affordable compared to so many other programs!
2. On site staff. These people are amazing, and every AIFS program has them. They didn't hover and make me feel that I was being babysat, but they were a quick metro ride away if I needed anything. Not only that, but they are the ones who plan the trips, excursions, and tours that make AIFS so amazing.
I would recommend my program to anyone interested in studying abroad!

Dip your toe in authentic Czech lifestyle

I only started to realize what it really means to live in Prague this past month. My first month here was disorienting and unique, surrounded by a group of Americans transitioning into European lifestyle and touching the surface with Czech culture. The next phase was a sense of frustration, I didn't have any Czech friends and my American friends were falling into the bubble of only going to the same places they knew and only speaking English. Pushing myself out of that bubble I ventured alone quite a lot through the city and forcing myself to go up and speak to Czech people, as uncomfortable as it was for them as well as me, I got some really good conversations out of it. My last month here has been wonderful as Prague in spring is like no other city and I finally feel comfortable in my surroundings and abilities to speak to Czech people and to see a kind and fun side to them.

Cultural immersion through classes, traveling and socials in Prague

I enjoyed my time in Prague. The AIFS staff were incredibly welcoming and even welcomed us in London, and flew with us to Prague. They were warm and welcoming and open to any/ all questions regarding our times abroad. They encouraged independence, but also group travel and often arranged weekend trips to places such as Berlin, Vienna, Krakow etc. The selection of classes to choose from was a high number and I was made to feel welcome at the Charles University in Prague.

Great times in Prague

Prague is a wonderful city and AIFS helps you see and experience it! the AIFS staff on site in Prague is wonderful, helpful, and interactive. They professors at Charles are great and interesting. They give you plenty of options for things to do, without making it mandatory. The dorm leaves something to be desired, but the location couldnt be better, centrally situated by both the metro and night tram.