American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in London: Summer

Photographing London

I spent a 3-week session taking a photography class in London, summer of 2013. My time abroad was amazing and I attribute the credit to AIFS for organizing a fantastic program. My friends and I were able to score a triple room in Ambassador House and the living arrangements were better than expected. Our dorm was conveniently located near the Tube station and a short walk from Kensington Park! My class was taught by a knowledge and experienced photographer who integrated "field trips" into learning. Because of our photography excursions, I was also able to see parts of the city I probably wouldn't have visited otherwise. AIFS also does a fantastic job at offering and planning trips and events that also helped me experience the culture and try new things. I was able to ride the London Eye, see a play at the Globe Theater, go on a ghost tour, and take a day trip to Bath! This also made it easier to meet other students on the program and build friendships. The AIFS staff on site was also helpful in providing tips and advice that helped us make the most of our short time in London, and I knew they'd be there if we had any problems or concerns. I'm confident that my experience abroad would have been different if I had not chosen AIFS to travel with. I highly recommend this program!!