American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image American Institute For Foreign Study Header Image

AIFS Study Abroad in Barcelona, UPF: Semester or Year

Krista Kaufmann review

I think that this was a great program to participate in, and would highly recommend it to other people! Fun activities, nice living quarters, and friendly staff. Also. the classes were very reasonable and not stressful, so they let us really experience Barcelona and Europe. Last- I LOVED the Morocco trip. Thanks!

New and exciting

Everything I did was new to me and it was awesome. I loved getting to know everyone in the office and in the program! I really liked UPF and the classes that I was in. All the students were really nice and welcoming.

¡QUE GUAY!

10/10 Would recommend AIFS to anyone who is interested in studying abroad. You truly can´t beat the location or the program. Barcelona was a wonderful mixture of culture, architecture, amazing food, beautiful scenery, and memories to last a lifetime. It´s hard to believe how quickly three months passed and I wish I could do it all again! ¡Estupendo!

Unforgettable

Everything was so great. From the day that I got here, I loved Barcelona. The life, the food, the culture, and the people of the city were so perfect. I can´t wait for the day that I can come back to the city and experience it all over again. I highly recommend doing AIFS in Barcelona because it will be an UNFORGETTABLE experience.

THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE EVERRRRRRRR

I really enjoyed studying abroad and I was able to meet so many different people that I know ill be friends with forever. I liked how available the program staff were even before I got to Barcelona and all the excursions they had planned for us. I was also able to go on so many other trips with the people I met while being here which was awesome. The only problem I had was that I lived in an apartment with 6 girls and there was always a problem in the apartment. There was always a bad smell in our kitchen, the lights did´not work in a few of the rooms when we first got there, there were always roaches in our bathroom, the wifi would often stop working making it difficult to communicate with family and do homework. Despite the apartment, I had the best time of my life and nothing compares to my experience in Barcelona. I am nothing but grateful to have been to so many places, and have gotten to see beautiful Barcelona. I cant wait to come back.

Mi Barcelona

I had the most amazing time this semester studying abroad in Barcelona. I was a bit nervous since I was a week late to the program due to Visa difficulties so I was scared everyone had made friends already. However, my roommates were super nice and we became great friends. I also met a lot of new people in the program that I got really close to and hope to visit after this experience is done. The excursion and activities the program provided were excellent and made my experience better. School was challenging because the culture and grading style is a little different but I can say that I passed my courses. I am so sad this experience is ending so soon my only regret is that the program would have lasted till the end of April.

AIFS review

AIFS is very well organized amd goes beyond what I would expect from a program. I really enjoyed being in the program and definitely recommend it to other people. I do wish that I learned more Spanish, but for being in Barcelona that is understandable.

Around Europe in 100 days

It was an amazing experience meeting people from all over the country and the world. I loved every person I met and will definitely keep in touch with them all.The culture was easy to immerse into and it was very fun to explore the city and surrounding towns. Barcelona was beautiful and easily accessible to and from surrounding countries. I explored over 7 different countries in this amount of time. The only complaint I have is that I didnt have more time! i wish i could be here for three more months.

Wow...That´s all I can say after this incredible experience

The first couple weeks were tough... but writing this now nearly three months into the program, I can confidently say that I have grown in so many ways. I went from struggling and not knowing anyone to having a great time everyday, playing soccer once a week with 8 fellow program members (AIFS FC finished in 3rd place) and meeting people that I´ll be friends with for the long run. Definitely go on the weekend trips and day trips with the program, they allow you to see things you could never dream of seeing. Take advantage of the close proximity of the other countries in Europe, and even if you get stuck in Greece because of a flight issue (trust me, it´s very possible), you will have an amazing experience.

Go Explore,
Sam Brimacomb

A great semester in Barcelona!

I really enjoyed my semester in Barcelona studying at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. AIFS was a fantastic program and really made my transition into Barcelona very easy and comfortable. The one downside was that my classes at UPF were very challenging and at times, a little overwhelming. But, I can say that I have come out of this experience knowing so much more about the culture and history of this beautiful city!